Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Well, now we know the fine for not following the quarantine rules: € 250.

So now I know my cost for 1h of flight :-p

EBST, Belgium

Is there anything being done about extending ARC validity? I assume many are going to run out during all of this.

EIMH, Ireland

Am I right that the UK has not yet done anything to extend PPLs class ratings and PPL medicals?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Alleviations for pilots not covered under ORS4 No.1354 (e.g. FI/FE at = DTOs, PPL Class/Type Rating holders, LAPL holders, LAPL/PPL = trainees’ exam validity periods) are expected to be released very soon.

Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

I agree that ARC extensions will be necessary. Ours runs out in a couple of weeks and I know many others who will be in the same boat.

Egnm, United Kingdom

The engine run exception in France is limited to 20 minutes total, once a month.
How long did your TB20 take to bring oil to operating temperature ?

Zuutroy, isn’t your Mooney F-reg ?
OSAC has issued BI 2020/03 which covers this.

LFOU, France

Yes Jujupilote it is….Thanks for the info.

EIMH, Ireland

How long did your TB20 take to bring oil to operating temperature ?

Looks like 20 mins or so gets you pretty well there, in a moderate OAT. This is the EDM log from an actual flight last year. I don’t have the last run’s EDM log yet. The upper trace is #1 EGT. The lower trace is the oil temp.

I ran at 1200rpm until in the green (90F) and then went up to 1400rpm.

It gets there faster if you lean as far as you can, obviously. One should do that on a ground run anyway.

Running (cruise flight) oil temp is about 190F.

Your 20 min French limit is not enough, but who will be checking? The main task is getting to the plane and starting it up. Nobody is likely to approach you while you are running, and if they do, send them to EuroGA to get correctly clued-up

One could also speed it up a bit, by waiting until 90F and then revving the engine up, but as you can see it helps only a little because even the takeoff doesn’t make it exactly rocket upwards.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

Zuutroy, isn’t your Mooney F-reg ?
OSAC has issued BI 2020/03 which covers this.

I just read it, using my bad French and Google Translate. If I understand right, if the ARC is due to be extended you just go ahead and get the CAMO to send it to you. If the 3-year physical survey is due you get a 6 month extension. Is this correct? For me I’m in an extension year. What happens if you’re on an ELA1 SDMP and you have to get the ARC issued by inspection every year and extensions aren’t possible?

Last Edited by zuutroy at 06 Apr 16:50
EIMH, Ireland

Nothing is defined if your ARC is to be renewed by a CAMO.
When you reach the 3rd renewal, the CAMO can ask for a 6 month extension and if the conditions defined are met, it is automatically granted.

If you don’t have a CAMO, I would say ask the question to the said email adress or your usual contact and expect an answer in a few weeks.
I can help with the translation if you need to.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message