Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Great initiative Lesving ! Every club could do the same here on July 14.

LFHN, where did you see the 100 nm limit ?

LFOU, France

Lock down challenge going to court in the UK.

Interesting.

On a quick scan, I wondered about this bit

when related to the summary at the end of here namely

IOW, leaving your home is not actually banned, since the “reasonable” test is not defined, and everything not expressly banned is permitted (well, generally ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

Also as of May 11th GA flights in France within 100NM from base will be allowed again…

Do you have a link to this?

I was under the impression that this is what is expected to be allowed under the new rules of travel for leisure and recreation which will allow you up to 100km from your home…Its not specificly for flying and isnt 100nm….Or do I understand things incorrectly??

Regards, SD..

Edit to also ask: Is this not going to be announced by Macron to the nation on or before 11th May??

Last Edited by skydriller at 01 May 15:39

the Fouga Magister & Mirage 5 are privately owned and still flying?

Not yet. The Fouga is very close to flying condition but I think the Mirage is still undecided whether to bring it back to flying condition (experimental) or taxi-condition. I know they have an engine in storage.

EBST, Belgium

Nice, will be good to see both in the air !
Maybe two upgrades for more speed

There Fouga in Finland seems to be the only one flying privately in Europe,

http://www.vixenimages.co.uk/2018/Finland/Magister/photos.htm#

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 May 18:54
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

it seems to be the only one flying privately in Europe

Make that two:

EBST, Belgium

Up until recently we had one at Lelystad which was sold to France – in flying condition.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I used to watch the owner fly this Fouga 15 years ago, Photo #1 taken at Oshkosh I believe, very loud engines BTW… then in just a few years it was donated to a museum and became Photo #2. Jets have a hard life, they are not worth a lot so investment makes little sense, and they are very expensive to fly – which is what creates the low value in the first place.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 01 May 20:32

We just got hit with an effective GA ban until July 20th and dual flight until August 10th. Ouch.

EIMH, Ireland

That’s pretty painful Zuutroy. Are they allowing maintenance flights ?

Sign in to add your message