Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Sebastian_G wrote:

I was wondering for the frist time if AERO is really a good idea this year…

Seeing what is going on, I wonder if the Aero is actually going to happen if the pandemic proportion of this will reach to Germany until then, which I have little doubt will happen. Just look at what got cancelled already, stuff like the Milano Fashion Week and the Venice Carneval. And while I agree that this is a good idea to cancel these things in the current climate the financial aspect of all this is mindboggling.

In the current situation where people are completely freaked out over this virus, which is hardly astonishing given the media coverage and the actual facts, unless this gets under control really quick, we might see a massive restriction in public events for a while.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I must admit that the thought had crossed my mind that it may be wise to cancel my participation in AERO this year. I will wait a couple of weeks and hope they cancel. Worst case I could lose a couple of thousand €. Over reacting or sensible precaution- who knows?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Like the UK, Germany has thus far had surprisingly few cases. Unless something changes big-time I reckon they will run it.

If Aero was in Italy I am sure they would be cancelling it.

An exhibitor would be at a much greater risk than a visitor.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Aero Friefrichshafen will be interesting; might be a good idea to use a taxi and not the crowded buses to get to the show…

I’ll probably fly early, arriving in the morning and fly back home in the afternoon, one of weekdays. It’s not because of Corona but I’m pretty busy that week and the weekend has been already booked for something else.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Aero Friefrichshafen will be interesting; might be a good idea to use a taxi and not the crowded buses to get to the show…

Unless the situation changes massively I am quite doubtful that the Aero or any other trade show will actually happen. People here are talking that the restrictions regarding this epidemic may well be continued until May or June.

Ignoring the unreliable figures from China and Iran, the indications from South Korea and Italy are that if you get Wuhan bat-virus badly enough to go to hospital, you are 2 to 3 times more likely to recover than to die. So it’s really no worse than Russian roulette with two bullets in the cylinder – for now.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

According to the Deer Hunter, Russian roulette with just two rounds next to each other should work most of the time

For us pilots, those who end up on oxygen, let alone a ventilator, may have some fun getting their medical back afterwards. The FAA may push you to Special Issuance which very few FAA AMEs in Europe are familiar with, let alone want to get involved in, and the FAA operates them in a very strict way.

If I get ill, I will head straight for the airport and collect my o2 cylinder from the plane, plus the masks.

Administrator

How long will that last you?

kwlf wrote:

How long will that last you?

couple of hours…. max.

Depends on the flow rate. As just a supplement, with the O2D2, I have enough for a week, 24/7

I don’t know what the emergency flow rate is. Probably quite a lot if you want 100% oxygen.

Obviously I am joking in terms of this being a viable option for a long time, but some people with this virus have become poorly very fast…

Skiing seems to be the main distributor of this in Europe. Just read that every known case in CZ is from skiing in IT.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message