Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

This is really important for pilots:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

byteworks wrote:

Is the proof of test less likely to be forged than the proof of vaccination?

I can think of ways how one could create a vaccination certificate which is reasonably secure against forgery. But in Germany they are talking about lifting restrictions also for people who have recovered from a Covid-19 infection. How is one supposed to proof that?

And, fraud issues aside, will there be widescale (in every shop, restaurant…) ID checks? Without these the the can immediately stop thinking about any certificates.

EDQH, Germany

“BBC Scotland reported that it was able to download a certificate and edit it to include a false name and the address of the BBC’s Glasgow headquarters.”

It amazes me that anyone is surprised that a downloaded letter could be altered before printing out.
It’s called a “software glitch” in the press
China has caught guys using altered digital certificates to get home from Nigeria.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

German scientists believe they have found a way to improve the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines so that they don’t cause rare blood clots, the Guardian reports

Would be great if they did.

BTW before my post this thread dropped to third page in the “active threads” list, surely a welcome sign of things improving regarding the pandemic in our countries.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

a welcome sign of things improving regarding the pandemic in our countries

Here’s my real time update in that regard (taken 30 seconds ago) from this part of the world

Interesting. Are there any rules for this kind of event, like “vaccinated / immune” people only, or do people simply not care anymore? Afaik even the US has not reached herd immunity yet.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

No rules, it’s a restaurant not an event and one of many nearby. Same every night. I’m sure everybody you can see is vaccinated except the kids perhaps, but that’s their business. The rate of infection in the area is now very very low regardless.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 May 05:08

As discussed so many times before: There is a reason why this virus killed almost twice as many people in the US (relative to population) as in Germany. There is a choice between freedom and deaths and the US took a different choice than Germany.

Whoever in Germany is “jealous” of the freedoms they would have in the US also need to admit that they would rather let double the people die over here – you can’t have the chicken and the egg!

Germany

There is a reason why this virus killed almost twice as many people in the US (relative to population) as in Germany.

There must be, but I very much doubt anybody knows what it is.

This has been a learning experience for just about everybody.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Malibuflyer wrote:

There is a choice between freedom and deaths and the US took a different choice than Germany.

There is indeed. At some point someone will hopefully work out the cost per life of what has happened over the last year. Exactly as happens in most walks of life, especially in our own passion, Aviation. And that cost is nowhere near being felt by the majority of the worlds populations just yet. I see more trouble ahead and there will be many with very short memories.

Regards, SD..

Sign in to add your message