Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Peter wrote:

might

I’d say surely will. Mine already has.

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

Today’s 12 new cases in the UK:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Coverage in real.time can be found here.

Looks like most people who gets infected will experience almost nothing, just a mild flu. The mortality rate is about 2%

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

That’s a good clickbait site. I see syndicated adverts for stuff I have just been browsing elsewhere

I think what matters to the individual, when planning whether to go somewhere or not, is how bad it is in the region you are going to. Some people have just got back to the UK from skiing in Italy and got diagnosed, causing loads of others to go into home quarantine and schools to be shut. I am still hoping to fly down to Switzerland to ski. But no airline flights of any kind from now. Aero Friefrichshafen will be interesting; might be a good idea to use a taxi and not the crowded buses to get to the show…

People who live in the countryside and are either retired or can work from home, or can go to work in the evening, and don’t need to use public transport, are at a big advantage compared with high density city inhabitants.

2% is quite a lot, when you consider it is 15% at 80+ years of age, and most GA pilots are not exactly young – or particularly healthy!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Medewok and others on this tread to share some factual info.
Should you come to Mallorca on holiday this summer, like all Germans do, let me know and I’ll treat you on a flight.
No need to bring your headset, but do bring a mask! Ah, no, not needed. Coronita does not survive more than 27 degrees

Last Edited by aart at 03 Mar 20:13
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

My Corona challenge for next two weeks

Last Edited by Emir at 03 Mar 20:40
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks MedEwok, very informative. I’ve just sent it to my wife.

We learned about the great plague at school (age 10), and to avoid infection simply lock yourself in your castle with water, food, a bow, and lots of arrows, then shoot anyone who comes close

It hasn’t affected my travel, but I’ve been suffering from customers panic buying. It’s good for invoicing in the short term, but it creates a lot of pressure on the sales people and we’re going to have problems when we start running out of stock in the next month or two (hopefully it will have calmed down by then) as our China orders are delayed at least a month. I always deliberately overstock – you can’t react quickly on 16 week lead times – but I’ve had to be selective whom I sell to.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

A tiny conference of maybe 150 people I was traveling to at the end of March in Palo Alto has been cancelled because of it. I had tacked on a holiday afterwards so I’m planning to go anyway.

EIMH, Ireland

The first big name company has just pulled out of the gigantic NAB show in Vegas in April.

Should you come to Mallorca on holiday this summer, like all Germans do

Is this offer extended to a (barely visible on the map) country south of germany too? :)

My Corona challenge for next two weeks

Certainly the best way to deal with corona… drink it on a beach :)
Enjoy your vacation

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message