Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

@Malibuflyer
Thanks for clarifying.
My apologies for the not-so-subtle jab…

Wearing a Swiss watch offers some CV19 protection. Should not be too hard to assemble a research cohort for that one

“security issue’s” is equally funny…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice find, Peter. What a ridiculous sign.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

BBC article saying no statistically significan spike from the crammed bornemouth beaches Interesting that this has not lead to a significant uptick. It does appear risk outside is pretty minimal. With the benefit of hindsight (although also pretty obvious at the time) Derbyshire’s drones going after dog walkers in the peaks does look a bit misplaced.

The first bit is interesting and obviously a good thing.
The second bit was always obvious and shows the stupidity of some branches of the law

Administrator

According to the US CDC, it looks like quite a lot of young people take some weeks to recover (e.g. need time off work, unable to exercise etc) – in contrast to the flu, which people tend to recover to their previous health in under a couple of weeks.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6930e1.htm

Andreas IOM

This is problematic

Even so, here are they are; as of June 20, 2020, 44,192 deaths involving COVID-19 also listed influenza or various types of pneumonia as an underlying cause of death or contributor to death.

What I don’t get is why the UK, having brought in the sudden quarantine on returnees from Spain are not allowing the option of a CV19 test to escape the quarantine.

Or maybe they are, but not one single journalist/presenter/whatever I have heard on the media has shown the apparently gigantic IQ needed to ask such a bloody obvious Q! Austria, and probably others, was offering them for €200 per person. OK; that’s a lot for a family of four, but in many cases the employer would pay it. Also you can get them for about £50. One argument is that they are not 100% reliable but then neither is the quarantine, with some % of outlier cases past the 14 days’ incubation time.

I don’t recall any other time when I was so frequently frustrated at human “in public service” stupidity, coupled with banal and brainless media output. At this time, more than any other, we so much need people who are capable of critical thinking. Evidently, almost none of them work in the high profile national media…

Administrator

Peter wrote:

What I don’t get is why the UK, having brought in the sudden quarantine on returnees from Spain are not allowing the option of a CV19 test to escape the quarantine.

We also have this in Switzerland for the quarantine countries. The argument is that a test made up to a given number of days before the return travel (normally 2-3) will not mean anything as the risk involves also the actual travelling. So if someone makes a test and is negative 2 days before or immediately after arrival, this does not exclude the possibility that the traveller actually gets infected in the mean time or on the trip itself, which in the opinion of authorities gives the largest risk. I can somehow understand that arugmentation. One could argue that a test made say after one week would be sufficient to shorten quarantine as after one week tests should show positive in case of an infection even if there are no sympthoms yet.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Then test them after two days…

Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message