Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

I am not so sure… everybody and their dog is making claims for masks, one way or the other. Here is a “graphene” enhanced mask

On the “CAA has committed to following EASA for 2 years” I can’t see how this can be anything other than a statement of intent in the “offering an olive branch” sense, to open up some negotiating space with EASA.

Is there any website showing French infection numbers, by city?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Iceland Review Online:
“Authorities were currently exploring ways to reach young people to communicate the importance of preventative measures when it came to tackling COVID-19. Presently, the largest proportion of active cases in Iceland are among the 18-29 age group. "

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Sorry missed your question @Peter you could try dashboard.covid19.data.gouv.fr for the information you want.

France

Interesting, and seen that one before, though it shows no real detail.

This is another one for England: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=47574f7a6e454dc6a42c5f6912ed7076

Hilarious that the other parts of the UK are not supplying the data… politicians just have to feel they are in control

Administrator

To add to above: there ought to be some way to find out the situation in a specific city, e.g. Annecy. Otherwise, given the GA pilot demographic, very few people will turn up.

Yet, France must have this data, for localised measures like mandating masks in the Le Touquet city centre.

On the positive side, this article on the UK situation gives one hope. I must admit I could not otherwise reconcile the miniscule infection rates in most of the UK’s land area with the dire stuff all over the news, and taking place in specific parts of specific cities.

It is obvious this virus has been “getting” different bits of the population at different times. It started off with basically well off tourism (skiers) who spread it all over the place very fast – including doctors spreading it to hospitals where a lot of unrelated patients caught it. That source got plugged when the ski lifts were shut. It then hit care homes. That got plugged when serious measures were implemented there. Now what is left is it working its way through specific ethnic communities who do a lot of social mixing and have a lot of heath issues. The last one, active all the way through the epidemic, is obviously the hottest political potato, but the situation is now beyond political correctness. I don’t know what the next phase will be. Currently, reportedly, the young are doing a lot of spreading, via social mixing. And I am pretty sure the same picture is playing out all over Europe.

Administrator

The problem for a fly-in is that people have to decide, book hotels in advance. And the situation in that town can change quickly.

LFOU, France

There are hotels such as the Ibis which offer free cancellation right up to the last moment. And in the present climate a lot of places which normally would not, are having to offer it to get any business. I am sure we will see the same in ski resorts. Easyjet is already doing it… not that airline tickets necessarily amount to much these days.

Administrator

FYI, all the french tourism spots are now full of …french, more than an average summer.

I meant, you won’t gather 20 planes if you decide a fly next weekend (or your connections are even greater than I thought ).

LFOU, France

Just as I am asking for more detailed data for France, the UK has just stopped publishing its detailed stats – at least on the previous websites.

Administrator

I see that – why has the UK stopped publishing this information?

Sign in to add your message