Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Speaking of oxygen levels, that’s the second thing we were tested for (after temperature) when visited by medical staff after the positive PCR results. Both of us showed 96%. We were told early on that the signs were we had light cases.

We were also told that if the case is serious, that almost always becomes clear within the first 5 days of onset of symptoms.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 10 Sep 12:31
Tököl LHTL

I have developed some relatively mild symptoms over the last few days and am presently waiting on the result of a test performed this morning.

EGLM & EGTN

If it is positive Graham, I wish you a very mild episode.

United Kingdom

I wish you all the best Graham.

On a related matter, is there any evidence that you can or cannot eat CV19? AFAIK most viruses are safe to eat, for want of a better phrase.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hope it turns out well.

Peter wrote:

On a related matter, is there any evidence that you can or cannot eat CV19? AFAIK most viruses are safe to eat, for want of a better phrase.

AFAIU, cov-sars-2 is “safe to eat”.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

I’m not aware of any evidence on that matter. Certainly, infection through ingestion of contaminated food (which someone e.g has coughed on) is plausible, but unlikely.

Generally, infection through touching contaminated surfaces or ingestion does not seem to play a significant role for Covid-19. The main mechanism of transmission seems to be inhaling aerosol with virus particles, and (now less relevant due to masks) via coughs.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

IATA warns that delivering a single vaccine dose to each person on earth requires a transport capacity equivalent to 8000 B747s

There certainly are enough airplanes and crews sitting idle at the moment, so this should not be a huge problem, unless the vaccine needs to be shipped in refrigerated containers. Then it gets tricky.

It seems to me that with the quantities required Shipping by sea and land would be far more sensible.

Sign in to add your message