Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Forum activity 31st Jan 2020 to present

Quite a funny observation on what people are doing, and not doing. The first 1cm or so is the pattern over the previous ~8 years.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

skydriller wrote:

This is the reality. Its not exactly the same as life before Covid, and I personally dislike the mask wearing symbolism, but France certainly doesn’t feel like a police state – certainly not as it did in Lockdown #1 last year (now that was certainly rather disconcerting) – you are free to go where you want within France and the travel rules to get into France are pretty much “you need to be double vaccinated” unlike many other countries

I agree with this. Have pretty much stopped thinking about the whole Covid thing and do as per before. We had a charity concert in the village 2 weeks ago with 1500 attendees on both nights. Pass sanitaire at the entrance, and free tests provided for those who had not been fully vaccinated yet by the Haute Savoie department. Once inside the festival, life as before. Flying around Europe as you say is as simple as before if you’ve elected to do the smart thing and get 2 jabs…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

gallois wrote:

I just don’t have a problem with the current system, not enough to get worked up about.

There’s a difference between thinking it’s a worrying development (which I do) and getting worked up about it (which I’m not).

Thankfully, it isn’t going to happen here. Our politicians, for all their many shortcomings, correctly judged that the British people would not wear it. As with the poll tax, it’s being trialled in Scotland – this works nicely because (a) the policy appeals to Sturgeon’s authoritarian tendencies, and (b) it means Scotland gets to do something differently, which is the essential feature of Holyrood policy.

EGLM & EGTN

BeechBaby wrote:

In many countries if you work for public service, have the vaccinations and get the Health passport, or you are out of a job. It is the same in France.

And that’s how it’s supposed to be.

… that has not been fully tested.

I thought we passed beyond this point of BS-ing.

In Scotland from 1st October an individual for access to many sectors and services will be barred if unvaxxed.

That’s proper move of state that cares about their citizens.

I referenced thirties Germany as an indicator. Papers for passage.

You’re absolutely clueless how it looks like when you need papers for passage because you have never been in such situation.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Quite a funny observation on what people are doing, and not doing. The first 1cm or so is the pattern over the previous ~8 years.

How can this be explained? Both before and now.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

The first part

is clearly due to about 1/3 of people reading the forum only at the office

Then when CV19 came and most started “working” at home, the fluctuations ceased.

They are now gradually reappearing but less obviously.

The data is just from google analytics – anonymous. One can get large scale stats e.g. which browsers are being used.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

is clearly due to about 1/3 of people reading the forum only at the office

It’s called “reverse telecommuting” :-)

Andreas IOM

gallois wrote:

did you actually see police/gendarmes stopping someone in the street to see the “Pass Sanitaire” which they have no right to do, or were these people sitting in the outside space of a bar or restaurant, where they have a right to check?

You’re right. It was a cafe with tables in the street. And no, I didnt get upset or agitated, I guess my first reaction was mild amusement followed by thinking “surely they have better things to be doing” and then thinking “well if they are here, they arent manning a speed trap down the road” I disagree that the “Pass Sanitaire” has cost you and I nothing – At point of delivery, no…but it has cost us all, even if that is just higher taxes & healthcare insurance costs – the test will be if it remains a part of life or if it is the temporary measure it was proposed as. My bet is on the former and it will be interesting to see if other Health certs etc get added to it in the future.

Emir wrote:

You’re absolutely clueless how it looks like when you need papers for passage because you have never been in such situation.

Im not clueless.
Ive worked in several countries where the Military or Armed Police have roadblocks everywhere, and you need the right papers to move around or you are “detained” or arrested – and I have been “detained” due to a paperwork cockup (they didnt arrest foreigners as that looks bad for them if they have made the mistake), so I know what thats like too. It is the reason I posted of my experience being stopped here in France during Lockdown #1 – because the sensation of being stopped and asked for papers by Gendarmes was remarkably familiar to me…

Regards, SD..

The police go for the low hanging fruit, everywhere, especially if it’s a nice day

Life is returning to normal. Contrails in the sky:

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Life is returning to normal. Contrails in the sky:

Funny you should say that, as I was thinking exactly that a couple of weeks back when it was noticeable there were more contrails again.
But a quick look at an airline schedule or even passing through any biggish airport shows things certainly arent back to normal.

Sign in to add your message