Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

I always record my very good friend who lived in Wales, long Welsh family. He and I lived abroad as children. When he went back to Wales he was academically very bright, we could have both gone to Oxford or Cambridge but he chose not to. He reckoned that he wanted to be a brickie, learn the trade first and then run a large firm of brick layers. He did exactly that, and is now very wealthy. His argument (and not meant unkindly) is in a pool of crocs with one eye, the one with two is king. All his workers could never have run a large firm, but with him at the head, and them at the coal face, they all did well. It is just a shame there arent more good bosses around like that. He has never left Wales to this day and I dont suppose he will.

Back when the coal mining industry was disappearing (which itself happened due to pretty extreme union action) it was very hard to revitalise the communities there. The usual argument was: my grandfather was a miner, my father was a miner, I am a miner, and you my dear son will go down the mines as well!!!

Very true about the saying: in a land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King. It works superbly in business, and all indications are that it works better every year, as more and more people look for easy routes upwards, getting up the corporate ladder with “fake” MBAs in stuff like risk management. But you really need to start your own business to be able to do it properly.

The UK has so far done 2.6M vaccinations which is not bad, but they need to speed it up a LOT. The lockdown is clearly working

but the virus is “vaccinating” way more people than the NHS

Just heard that those who got the virus are immune for at least 5 months (the time for which there is data) but could still pass it on.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Almost all of my peers from school in Wales, left. They’re replaced by students at the local university who often stay, and elderly people retiring to the area. There are also lots of interesting small businesses, artists and hermits living in the hills as it’s relatively affordable.

The interesting thing about the mining and industrial communities is that they were the places that the go-getters moved to from the countryside. The jobs could be quite well paid. In Newcastle there are still lots of beautiful public libraries where the 19th century worker could study engineering after his long shift, and thereby advance himself. When there was a strike at Armstrong’s works they tried to break it by bringing in workers from Germany and elsewhere in Europe. These were to my mind, venturesome and intelligent people. But take away the big factory and you have slums within a generation. I agree that moving away was probably the only real solution, but can understand why people didn’t want to do so.

At least 13 elders have died here as a direct consequence of the corona vaccine (side effects). Now, if they have been infected, they would certainly die of corona as well, but still. Now they have changed the routines. The oldest and frailest will not get the vaccine automatically, only on per case basis.

But I have to wonder. If you are killed by the vaccine, is that a corona death? or is it murder, or accident? What exactly is it?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

At least 13 elders have died here as a direct consequence of the corona vaccine (side effects). Now, if they have been infected, they would certainly die of corona as well, but still. Now they have changed the routines. The oldest and frailest will not get the vaccine automatically, only on per case basis.

I dont doubt your statement, but not knowing the background it seems to me it is often difficult determing exactly what someone died of, and this is always a problem with drug trials and the like. It is very easy to fall into the trap of someone having the vaccine and dieing a shortly after; one lead to the other, which of course it might not.

LeSving wrote:

But I have to wonder. If you are killed by the vaccine, is that a corona death? or is it murder, or accident? What exactly is it?

Getting a vaccine injection is always a slight stress on the body. Some old people are so frail that the slightest medical issue pushes them over the edge. My father died at 90 of a common cold…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

This stuff is all over Facebook and twitter.

Lots of old people die shortly after the vaccination. Statistically normal. Means nothing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

Getting a vaccine injection is always a slight stress on the body. Some old people are so frail that the slightest medical issue pushes them over the edge. My father died at 90 of a common cold…

This is the ‘we all have to die of something eventually’ issue that simple statistics on causes of death do not deal with very well. A bit like the sepsis issue that the Scottish physician raised in his blog (I forget who posted it).

Presumably when dealing with someone who is very old and frail a physician would need to assess whether they are healthy enough to receive the vaccination, or more accurately perhaps, whether they are healthy enough to receive any medical intervention at all without immediate risk to their life.

If someone is 90+, extremely frail, and might not survive being vaccinated just because it is a stress on the body, then you have to ask yourself what you are really trying to achieve by vaccinating them. It’s like taking your freezer outside and opening the door next to a snowman to try and stop it melting, and it might make us look at our overall attitudes to end-of-life care.

Saw I guy in the village this morning on my dog walk – he is just over 80 and has just had his second Pfizer jab. :-)

EGLM & EGTN

Peter wrote:

Lots of old people die shortly after the vaccination. Statistically normal. Means nothing.

The exact same thing can be said about the same people getting Covid, or flu for that matter. Just saying. Old and frail is old and frail no matter which exact circumstance kills you.

Anyway, what is this kind of death called?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Anyway, what is this kind of death called?

I guess using the government’s covid nomenclature it would fair to deem it a “death with vaccination” if dying for any reason within 28 days of vaccination.

I would also assume the same argument that the numbers will be small enough to not be statistically significant as is motorcycle death with a positive covid test a few weeks prior.

Sign in to add your message