Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek TBs meet up with life at a pause

In the spooky times we experience “life at a pause” due to the virus, three TB’s (and a jealous C182) had an open air meeting outdoors in a small 590m grass strip (ZZZZ Kopaida) west of Athens Greece. As common sense dictates, only the 4 pilots where on board the 4 aircraft.

Trinidads sn. 1014, 1799 and 1800 had their catch up chat too reminiscing their 90’s birth in Tarbes France

At a safe distance with each other! we spent a wonderful time out unpausing life in the spring sun with hangar talk over our coffees and barbecue lunch with other pilots at the airfield, the inevitable jokes about the virus etc. etc.

GA offered this nice chance of a friends’ private meet up while anything related to public coexistence in the country is literally shut down.

What a euphoria/positive energy that was.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Looks absolutely beautiful and a reminder that life does indeed carry on….

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Well done, both on the flight and the post! Much. better than reading about Corona and Brexit

I would have gone flying too, hadn‘t I been up lot last weekend already…

I am sure some folks are having a great time
flying low approaches at Frankfurt and stuff…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thank you for this upbeat post, Petakas! Kali spera to Hellas!

We have beautiful VFR weather here too, and I would have gone flying tomorrow if it weren’t for a sudden change of schedule at the hospital.
Stay healthy everyone!

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Really wonderful to read this, Petakas, and thank you for posting it and brightening up the dismal situation we now have.

I also admire the Greek pilots for getting out there and doing something positive, despite facing a permanently much more difficult GA climate (with so many airports off limits due to fraport, etc) than any of us in the rest of Europe could imagine.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You give us hope @Petakas!

I myself went for a local spin and RNAV approach on Saturday, in preparation for a couple of idle weeks…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Peter wrote:

Really wonderful to read this, Petakas, and thank you for posting it and brightening up the dismal situation we now have.

+1

LSZK, Switzerland
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message