Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your most recent flight and landing...

Not really my last flight, but the last one in the left seat was on March 8, Lausanne to Friedrichshafen in the SR22.
Climbout LSGL:

LSZH from above:

Approaching EDNY:

Very last flight was an IFR-training flight Rothenburg EDFR to Friedrichshafen on March 14 in a Mooney M20, but no pics from that one, unfortunately.
With my homebase shut down for all practical purposes, the club/school not operating and my plane not even accessible without major hassle, it looks like that was it for a while…

Friedrichshafen EDNY

My latest one was a short hop from Corona / KAJO (yes, really!) to Hawthorne / KHHR to bring our club C210 back from painting. Flying again next week, probably shoot a few approaches to stay proficient.

Still flying for work, but am guessing that will quieten down this week. Beautiful day today with very quiet ATC, road traffic much diminished.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Last special one: flight to Duxford Musuem with the Mrs on Feb22, it was windy 35G45 but we still decided to go for it (last flight for my wife as she is expecting, still enjoyed that bumpy ride more than me )

I had two quick local flights on Mar1 but I did not gather any pictures

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Mar 19:37
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

In my case it will probably be what I wrote, as we are likely to be grounded for a very long time and thereafter, if there is a thereafter with the mortality rate we shall see here, will have to fight for daily survival rather than fly. but I agree for other people it will be the last before the crisis and life may go on. I do hope so for all of you.

Urs,

You are one of the main contributors to our forum and you provide a lot of very interesting information and I want to thank you for that. However, sometimes you get into an ‘armageddon’ mode which may not be warranted. Primarily for your own peace of mind and health you may want to reflect on that a bit and lighten up! You live in the most wealthy part of the world and people won’t be dying in the streets.

Regarding your future flying, worst case scenario you have to let go of ownership, and what’s left could be being a club member or fly with another owner once in a while. You being an aviation addict, you’ll find a way! Should you make it to Mallorca one day, call on me to go flying, and surely others in other countries will offer you the same without hesitation.

And let’s have a beer at Aero 2021

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Last flight was a few night circuits to stay sharp on March 3, in a C152. I wish now I had taken pictures

aart wrote:

surely others in other countries will offer you the same without hesitation.

Very true !

Ibra wrote:

last flight for my wife as she is expecting

Great news Ibra !

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 22 Mar 20:22
LFOU, France

Last flight was the flight back from LIEA ALGHERO on Feb23

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Latest flight was this Sunday afternoon, in our Jodel DR1050, to run the rear tank dry for maintenance. Ran on rear until engine was windmilling, then fuel pump on and changed to front tank. Repeated this two more times, in descent, to try to get tank absolutely empty.
For the last half of the flight the CO monitor was bleeping, but the CO Spot on the panel didn’t change.
There was a reasonable amount of GA on Safetycom, and at Inverness EGPE the Flying School was operating, and there was a busy afternoon airline period.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

aart wrote:

You live in the most wealthy part of the world and people won’t be dying in the streets

Your optimism is refreshing… and I’ll take you up for that if I ever manage to come to Mallorca again…. which I doubt. Personally I think we are at a key point in history which will turn everything we thought was true 3 weeks ago into the opposite. But we will see. First we need to survive. And that is more than in doubt right now. But you are right I should maybe keep my thoughts to myself.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

First we need to survive. And that is more than in doubt right now. But you are right I should maybe keep my thoughts to myself.

Good luck, but I am sure regaining those SEP/IR & flying the M20C is a good reason to survive and it is worth it

Jujupilote wrote:

Great news Ibra !

Yes but sadly = less flying

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 Mar 12:18
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message