Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your most recent flight and landing...

Ibra, even if you are done flying for the year, you’re still way ahead of most of us :)
For the time being, anyway (queue Thriller laugh).
I honestly want to catch up to (with? English language hard language) you in October at the Mooney Summit…

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Last flight was my first on a supercub, first on a classical gears, and it took some time to get used to taxi and take off run. The rudder is very sensitive, you have to be very quick but not too strong. Otherwise a very nice plane for slow flights.

LFMD, France

My most recent flight was yesterday, a 2hr round trip in the Vagabond to perform a fly-by of my parent’s house in South Wales for Mother’s Day.

They live in the Brecon Beacons, about 15nm from the BCN VOR on a bearing of 035.

I had hoped to give them a pass as low as is legal, but with quite an east wind blowing it got very bumpy below 2,000 and particularly so among the mountains and their house is in the lee of one of the bigger ones in that area. I did not want to be caught in a downdraft I couldn’t outclimb, so I was a bit of a chicken and stayed high.

Warp speed for the Vagabond on the outbound leg, over 100 knots GS at 4,000ft! Bit of a terrain-following slog on the way back.

There is nothing to suggest VFR GA is going to be grounded in the UK. Some airfields are closing (mainly because they have to close the cafes, and if the cafes are closed it is not worth them opening). I don’t think EGTN ever really ‘closes’ – I don’t know who would close it. There are multiple operations at the field and I’ve never established who is in overall charge of using the runway.

EGLM & EGTN

That was intergalactic in a Vagabond

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Indeed. 2hrs is the longest I have pushed the fuel endurance (2.5hrs). Must get that wing tank plumbed in.

EGLM & EGTN

Latest flight was last Tuesday from our new hangar in EBST

Jean
EBST, Belgium

With tonight’s latest restrictions, my “last flight” for a few weeks is likely to be this morning’s, down along the coast towards Lydd and back via Beachy Head

Nothing special but still wonderful and something to remember

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mine was Sunday, 1 aerotow, 30 minutes in weak wave and turbulent rotor, 1 landing, currency reset

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Lovely photos Peter, you are lucky to have that coastline at your doorstep. It always looks magnificent
One day I want to see this too from my own plane…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

My last flight was KPAO – KRBL (~170 nm) to take my plane to the paint shop for some minor work. They said they would have it done in two weeks – it has been pending now for months. Then they mailed me to say their workers were refusing to work and they have no idea when, if ever, they will complete the job. Sigh. I suppose it doesn’t matter much since I shouldn’t be flying anyway. But still :-(

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message