Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA ZOOM video lounge

The questions are in some PDFs. I think we will have an answer sheet, which will be emailed back to me.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

That’s what I hoped for. However, my question was more about how the questions will be asked and replied.

First of all, I should say thanks to Peter, EasyVFR and Foreflight for donating the prizes. We could have run it just for a bit of fun, without keeping score, but thanks to those three, we can make it a bit more interesting by having some prizes.

The format will be just like a pub quiz, where our Zoom call is our virtual pub.

I’ll ask the questions in the zoom call, and Peter will correct the answers.

There will be 5 rounds with 10 questions in each round.
Here is a blank answer sheet.
Quiz_Answer_Sheet_pdf

Print off this answer sheet before the quiz, and then write your answers onto it as the questions are asked. Then at the end of each round, either scan the answer sheet, or take a photo of it, and email it back to Peter (Peter will provide the email address) or PM the answer to him through the forum. If you prefer to type an email, that’s fine too. Just make sure it contains your name (or forum nickname if you prefer), round number and identifies the 10 questions number and answers.

I’ve tried to come up with questions that aren’t easily googleable, (so Google isn’t strictly banned) but as with all the zoom calls, it’s probably fairest if everyone turns on their web cam. (Maybe we should make that a requirement??)

Many of the questions will involve an image. We’ll try to share this via Zoom screen sharing. Hopefully that will work ok for everyone, as it helps preserve the “pub quiz” format. But if it doesn’t work, I’ll post a PDF of the images onto this thread and we’ll continue that way.

Hopefully we’ll be able to correct all the answers by the end of the the zoom call, but if so many people join in, that it doesn’t make that possible, then the winners will be announced in the following week’s zoom call.

The winner will be allowed to chose the prize most valuable to them, and those placed second and third can in turn chose from the remaining prizes.

Please all remember though, that this is intended to be just a bit of fun for everyone. No one is to take it too seriously, There will be no debating the answers! Some questions will be hard for some people and very easy for others…that’s just the nature of where and how we fly. But hopefully I’ve managed to find a fair balance to make it fun for all. The questions aren’t of a technical nature and being principally an IFR or VFR pilot will make no difference.

Best of luck to anyone joining, and let’s all have some fun

EIWT Weston, Ireland

How much of the EuroGA quiz is based on AviationExam ATPL QDB? just to see if it’s worth renewing my subs and bashing everything in the next days

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Jan 21:44
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

How much of the EuroGA quiz is based on AviationExam ATPL QDB? just to see if it’s worth renewing my subs and bashing everything in the next days

Absolutely nothing

The questions aren’t of a technical nature.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

How much of the EuroGA quiz is based on AviationExam ATPL QDB?

Peter wrote above the questions were aviation related

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Have anyone looked into ‘kahoot’ (www.kahoot.com)? I’ve used it as a quizz participant, never as quizz maker though, not sure how it works from that point of view…

ENVA, Norway

Emir wrote:

Peter wrote above the questions were aviation related

dublinpilot wrote:

The questions aren’t of a technical nature.

Quoting things out of context, are you guys saying Peter is not a technical guy ?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Quoting things out of context, are you guys saying Peter is not a technical guy

Luckily he didn’t create the questions AFAIK

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

Have anyone looked into ‘kahoot’ (www.kahoot.com)? I’ve used it as a quizz participant, never as quizz maker though, not sure how it works from that point of view…

This is a very good app.

ESME, ESMS

Just a reminder to all, that we are doing our Zoom quiz tonight at 19:00UTC.

The Zoom joining instructions are in the first post of this thread.

Please print off the answer sheets before the quiz starts so that you can write down your answers.

Answer Sheet

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message