Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA ZOOM video lounge

Hi Peter,

I’m not a Telegram user. Any chance of having the joining details?

Thanks

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

speed wrote:

I’m not a Telegram user. Any chance of having the joining details?

Thanks

Same.

I only got to join towards the end (I’m on back-to-back Zooms today…..;)), but that worked really well!

Hope to be able to join from the airport at some point next week!

It is working well, with a good crowd

It was suggested to me that I could post the login details, and make the password something which only pilots would know. So here we go

Topic: EuroGA Zoom Meeting
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/8966557621?pwd=N1NOcHRMM0FYQlBraU9keTEwby9KZz09

Meeting ID: 896 655 7621
Password: the first four digits of the FL altimeter setting in millibars

For this purpose, there appear to be no security issues with Zoom. It doesn’t encrypt end to end (that anyway requires a totally trusted physically secure server… do you totally trust google, dropbox, etc?) so can’t be used for secure comms. The main issue seems to be hassle because hackers can sequence through the meeting IDs until they find a working session and they drop e.g. p0rn in there. This appears to be solved by enabling the “waiting room” feature.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

THat’s Great! We do our online training in our flightschool. Great app, happy to meet you guys !
Zs.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

So are they at a regular time Peter or just ad hoc?

EGTK Oxford

1900 UTC

Somebody has to be the “host” and currently I am the host. I haven’t yet found a way to make the auto schedule work. I am sure it works on the £12/month version… so I start it manually.

Administrator

24 people in the telegram group and we’ve seen maybe half so far, so this is quite popular.

Zoom has reinstated its 40 minute timeout (for the free version) but it’s not an issue since it takes only seconds to restart the session

Administrator

Sorry Peter, but this is not the right way to do it..

Suggestion:

1. Pick a destination
2. Everyone fire up their FS
3. Zoom starts after everyone arrived

So the meet needs to start during the day, else are those without a Night Rating excluded.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Aart,

2. Everyone fire up their FS

there are ways to do that via virtual atc networks.

But there is a point to this, must say it may well be worth going back into simming a bit… I am outdated hopelessly now with my FSX and even more so with my favorite planes which were on FS2004, but I have to say it was a fun time flying for virtual airlines like Overland and SwissWorld.

(Turn around on an Overland MD11 trip somewhere in South America, ca 2005)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message