Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA ZOOM video lounge

Worth a mention (posted in the other video thread) that Zoom has been paid up (cancellable monthly) so anyone can feel free to use it for a meet-up.

Currently the “waiting room” feature is enabled (for obvious security / privacy reasons) but that needs a specific host to be present. I can turn this off…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have disabled the waiting room etc so that anybody can use the system. No need for a host. Not sure how this works; somebody needs to give it a try.

The best way to coordinate meetups is the telegram group.

Administrator

dublinpilot wrote:

That would be a very interesting topic eddPeter.

Second that. Would be very interesting to hear.

EGSX

Second that. Would be very interesting to hear.

So it seems that there is some interest. @peter and @Emir what do you think about a session run by the three of us. I will start with the unprofessional way how to buy and why, followed by you @Peter with the professional approach of someone who understands the technical aspects of an aircraft and then @Emir because of your twin. If everybody of us will stick to 20 minutes it might be interesting and fun for the others.

EDDS , Germany

I was totally unprofessional when I got mine in 2002 I just got lucky by getting a relatively high performance type which made some great trips much easier.

The idea sounds good to me.

Administrator

I hope my story is not exceptional because it was really simple. I learned to fly quite late in life and devoted nearly full time to the course. Whilst learning I “stumbled” across a hanger queen that was well equipped, had not too many hours and had remained idle for years but with a well preserved engine. I started negotiations with the help of the airfield management and very soon bought the aircraft from the owner who had sadly lost his licence because of a medical condition. Spent money on cleaning, new paint and new upholstery and she remained in my possession for 20+ years and never let me down. I sold for much more than cost (including the paint etc) and happily went on to a new purchase.

What else can one say?

UK, United Kingdom

I was infected by reading Peter’s trip reports when I bought my first aircraft – TB20

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

eddsPeter wrote:

If everybody of us will stick to 20 minutes it might be interesting and fun for the others.

I agree. Maybe @loco could put some perspective on both SEP/SET experience and mission difference.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Sounds very interesting.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Let me just mention here (already done in the other Zoom thread) that the Zoom thingy is now paid up and I have disabled the waiting room, so anybody here is free to have an ad hoc meetup. In fact I want somebody to test it. I can’t test it usefully because I am the registered host.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message