Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA ZOOM video lounge

I posted this in the telegram group:

I think this video group should get more use It isn’t just for “structured” stuff. OTOH there is a limit – probably quite a low one – on how many people want to chat every night for an hour.

I wonder if we should do something each week, perhaps picking a topic, as has already been suggested. Fixing a day is important. It’s the same with fly-ins. Until something is fixed almost nobody is interested. Once it is fixed there are people who say they can’t make it, but that happens normally. So let’s fix a day, say Wednesday each week?

I think it would be a great add-on to the forum. A lot of people are happy to talk

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Why a telegram group for this?

Surely that’s what the forum is for?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

A very fair point; however an “instant message” tool is a good companion to a video conferencing tool.

Zoom does have messages but they few people know about them, and they work only during the session. Also a lot of people don’t want to post a lot of stuff publicly. That is also why we have telegram groups for fly-ins; much more “instant” and again some people don’t want to advertise their presence. I can think of several straight off who are most keen to keep a low profile.

But a lot of people also don’t use messaging tools of any kind, hence my posting here too

Administrator

A meeting once a week is enough :)
I think people will join for the topic. The plane ownership attracted a lot of people because you can’t get that sort of knowledge anywhere else (if we have speakers, a second conference would be successful too). I think we should stick to this sort of practical knowledge and real life experience instead of studying weather or air law.

How to get started in aviation, touring ?
How to get the wife/family involved in aviation ?
Does GA attracts girls (for those who don’t know the answer yet) ?

LFOU, France

Does GA attracts girls

Now that you mention that, I will have to upgrade the monthly server bandwidth allocation

Administrator

Next one is set for Wednesday 27th May 1900 UTC.

Administrator

Next one is on Tuesday 1900 UTC.

Administrator

Tonight’s topic is something totally topical: flying restrictions around Europe.

Just Join with the meeting ID of 896 655 7621 and the password is the first four digits of the flight level altimeter setting.

The Zoom facility is paid-for so anyone participating on EuroGA is free to use it anytime they wish. There is no need for the Host to be present.

Administrator

What do you think about recording the sessions and making them available somewhere, e.g. a private youtube channel, for those who cannot attend?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

This came up before. Many people would not participate. I certainly would not.

We have already had times when some people turned off their video and while I can’t speak for all others the general view was that this is disrespectful to those who are doing it for nothing. If the sessions were being recorded, most people would sit there with the video off and there would be no point.

These are not formal presentations. We have a casual chat about lots of things.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message