Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

One-person tent for carrying in a plane, and cooking

Do you have peepholes so that you can look out of the door before unzipping it and finding yourself nose to nose with a lion?

@kwlf: what about sleeping in a tent and having to go to the bathroom or pee at night? That is more challenging than waking up in the morning with lions near the tent. I have not found lions near my tent at night but encountered some animals on my way with flashlight to an oblution block 500 meters away from the tent somewhere in the Moremi Game Reserve. One trick is to make some noise and then to swipe a strong flashlight left and right to see if you will spot any predators eye reflection in the dark.

EDLE, Netherlands

Surely in a tent you do what you do in a plane: pee into a bottle and chuck it out in the morning

A #2 is something else…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Unless you have a masai grandfathers, I think there is a high correlation between “night encounter with a lion” & “having a pee at night”

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Do any animals try to get into tents? They easily could.

At 24kg I would expect a tent to be lion-proof.

Peter wrote:

Re animals, in most of Europe (not Albania) the biggest thing is a fox.

What in Albania?

Otherwise:

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There are bears in Albania and south of there, through to N Greece. Probably a bit N of Albania too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

There are bears in Albania and south of there, through to N Greece. Probably a bit N of Albania too.

Aha. My bear was a Swedish one. We’ve got quite a few of them. And lots of elk and reindeer.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There is a fly in with SUV (“sov under vingen”, in English: sleep under the wing) at Starmoen ENSM next weekend. I plan to take the Cub and my ancient Ajungilak sleeping bag Just hope the weather will be OK.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Airborne_Again wrote:

We’ve got quite a few of them. And lots of elk and reindeer.

And moose?

A moose bit my sister once. Moose bites can be pretty nasty.

Last Edited by Graham at 16 Jun 16:55
EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message