Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The absolute best things in GA

Day trips to nice places that would otherwise be impossible. For example, if it looks like a nice weekend, we can go to Oban for a day trip (a really nice destination) – it’s about 1.5 hours each way. By any other method than GA, it’s at least 12 hours in each direction (even by airline).

Andreas IOM

That would take days otherwise.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When you remove the oil screen and find nothing inside. Bonus points for everything working as expected after screen/filter get safety wired, oil goes in and nothing leaks during a run-up.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Never heard of “best things in GA maintenace” yours is the 1st one @tmo

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Never heard of “best things in GA maintenace” yours is the 1st one

I can add to that. Taking your plane to the annual and getting a call half a day before they were supposed to finish telling you all is fine and there were no deficiencies, so just a flat rate annual/100 hr check. Has happened to me about every 2nd year so far, last time last week.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Being proactive with maintenance helps you not have any surprising annuals. I try to go to mine knowing exactly what needs to be done (for the last few years, I’ve stayed at the airfield to do all the wrench swinging, so my inspector just has to inspect). Of course this is a bit easier with a small fixed gear tailwheel plane than something with an IFR panel, complex landing gear and all sorts of other systems.

Andreas IOM

Ok got this today, seems my lucky day !

OK, what was the bad news? Don’t keep us in the dark, spill it! ;)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

The bad news is the bill, but more split it than spill it ;)

39 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one