Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Don't miss the NASA launch - Live now

Don’t miss the live stream for today’s NASA and SpaceX launch:

Last Edited by martin-esmi at 27 May 17:38

A friend of mine is one of the engineers on this launch and he sent me a text earlier, saying it’s about 50:50 because of weather. History in the making, that’s for sure !

And it’s off for now. All aircraft are subject to weather!

EGTK Oxford

You’d have thought they’d have put an IFR panel in that thing :-)

Andreas IOM

Pretty cool flight deck (space deck?), quite a difference compared to the old ships. I miss the old crew bus though, it’s not the same thing with the Tesla’s..

alioth wrote:

You’d have thought they’d have put an IFR panel in that thing :-)

No examiner rated to test them so VFR only.

EGTK Oxford

I was watching live, shame cancelled for Saturday now!

The last one I watched with MK1 eyebal mid-Jan was cancelled due to weather but not due “no TS IFR in their VFR glass cockpit” , it was 25kts winds on sunny day !

A CFI also cancelled my rental checkout in a C177RG due to 13kts xwinds that day (the plan was to watch from the air not thee beach two days after), later I found that aircraft does well with 30kts xwinds on a 1st easy attempt

Last Edited by Ibra at 27 May 21:07
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Don’t blame them for not pressing on, actually makes a better impression of the outfit than to be hassled into a dangerous launch by the fact that POTUS was watching.

I do wonder how these touch screens will be to work with during launch or re-entry… I remember the old switching panels of the Shuttle and Apollo capsules which had all guarded switches in order to avoid faulty manipulations.

What bugged me yesterday through the coverage was that the whole thing looked more like a Tesla commercial than the very serious way Nasa used to comment their launch coverages. All that was missing were interviews with the Astronauts during final count down.

Well, rooting for them on Saturday. I would love to see this work.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message