Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What's wrong with this weather radar image?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looks to me like the whole of the west of France data has been omitted…

Brittany did not pay for weather services, if in doubt assume it is rainy there

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Jun 09:00
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

They must have paid the bill now:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The problem is they do not indicate the coverage area. Just the other day I had a phone call regarding the very important difference between “inside the coverage area but no radar return” and “outside the coverage area, we just do not know”…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Clouds coming from Britain need to stay in covid quarantine for 2 weeks before they are allowed to enter French airspace – pretty clear on the radar image of the first post ;-)

Germany

We have a similar problem here on Mallorca. Whenever it rains properly, water seems to seep into a vital part of the radar and guess what happens :)
Seriously, it does happen, and one needs to be careful.

Last Edited by aart at 11 Jun 15:05
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Les Bretons ont marre de la pluie.

I agree with Sebastian – coverage indication is important – especially for IFR flights with no onboard radar.

https://www.meteox.com/ but also simmilar sites which no coverage indication could lead to fatal conclusions if a pilot assumes not to be weather in an area because of lacking return when in reality the area is just not radar covered. This could also be due to a malfunction of a weather radar. There is no way to know.

Here from Garmin pilot an area with no coverage:

Same in ADL

At least its obvious you dont have radar in that area. No information much better than misleading information.

Last Edited by THY at 11 Jun 21:17
THY
EKRK, Denmark

You gotta love the inverse colour coding between GP and ADL

EGTR
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message