Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TSA approval

I am sorting out getting my standalone FAA Pilot certificate and Instrument rating and have submitted two training requests with the TSA (for initial and instrument)....I am quite impressed with how quickly the AFSP Help desk responds: within minutes...anyway I submitted and paid for both requests before I remembered that I had forgotten to go back and include expired passport details....the response from Help is to wait for them to return the request (in the next day or two) and then make the correction and resubmit....no biggie...however how many people have all their expired passport details going back to when they were kids?? I am able to go back three passports....has anyone had this problem?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

On second thoughts it's probably not a question people want to answer on a public forum.....forget I asked!

I didn't put them in. No-one ever questioned it but I did use my UK passport of which I have only ever had one.

EGTK Oxford

I have no recollection from when I did that stuff in 2006 of having any problems with that, and I certainly don't have old passports to hand.

In fact I meant to ask here if anybody can suggest a way I can prevent myself getting interrogated for 3hrs by US Immigration when I enter the USA again, because one Part 141 school (which I never visited) entered on my TSA record that I started but didn't complete my training with them (i.e. a classic 9/11 profile - if your brain is the size of a pea). The TSA (or whatever they are called) say only the school can straighten this out but the school (CRM at Phoenix) refused to co-operate. So I am reluctant to visit the USA again.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So you went through the whole approval process with them and then didn't start?

EGTK Oxford

See Nov 2005 entry here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anyway my concern was unwarranted...just got the approval to get finger printed....very slick system...started the online process on Saturday afternoon....approved for fingerprints by Monday afternoon....of course now I have to go to either FSI at Farnborough or OAT Oxford to get the finger prints done

Anthony. There is another faster and more helpful option in Bedford. I found the other two very unhelpful. Search the TSA site.

Edited to add: Just looked and it doesn't seem like she does it any more. Was in a pub and appointment made in two days!

EGTK Oxford

Yes it doesn't look like that option exists any more...I would prefer Farnborough as I can possibly tie it in with a trip to London more easily....and yes I know it isn't quite London, but from Aberdeen it's all relative! Why do you think FSI is unhelpful? Is it because they consider they only bother with the service to support their own clients? The other option is the US Embassy but in that case I would need to be accompanied by my training provider according to the protocol outlined in the AFSP instructions?..this is technically possible as the provider is in the UK (but not in Englandshire)

I found them both to be uninterested in a non customer. I was told I would have to wait months for an appointment.

EGTK Oxford
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message