Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

An interesting solution to airport closures

From a recent MOR listing (don’t ask how I got it)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Those reports are public ?
This story seems incredible. Climbed over a gate, in Oban, in front of staff ???

No wonder CAA see private pilots as they do when you receive such reports every week (see the thread about GA seen as kids).

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Those reports are public ?

Yes and no. See here SRG1604 Issue03 local copy but then , if you subscribed to the CAA interpretation, you are effectively signing a NDA on the raw data. (Which itself if funny considering the cAA use of the MOR in the whole infringement topic, but that’s for another thread)

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Lots of people have access to MORs but, as Xtophe notes, nobody is going to post the whole PDF openly, not least in case it contains some hidden signature.

The listings make interesting reading, if rather depressing when you see some of the stuff which some pilots do. A lot of stuff linked to poor currency combined with crap initial PPL training, and with the UL community being, shall we say, heavily over-represented. Probably more or less the same as the French REX reports although those are on a public database.

As in the original post above – where the airport clearly got really p1ssed off and wanted to make example of this pilot (who is easy to track down with FR24) even though it is debatable whether this is an MOR matter – the MORs also show how ATC see things from their POV, which can be really interesting, and depressing in equal measure if the reporter is just venting his spleen (much more common if not an ATCO).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

though it is debatable whether this is an MOR matter – the MORs also show how ATC see things from their POV, which can be really interesting, and depressing in equal measure if the reporter is just venting his spleen (much more common if not an ATCO).

Yes debatable whether MOR is adequate for this, I recall the AFIS in one airfield got pissed off every time a cleaner did come to sort his tower, after many complaints, he decided to file an MOR, the vacuum cleaner was MOR’ed because of its sound while some AFIS is doing his job

Being forced to file an MOR for any occasion is just a silly !
Using and abusing it for other purposes is even more silly !

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Jul 17:06
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

(who is easy to track down with FR24)

I didn’t see him on FR24 (though there were a few other aircraft in and out of EGEO that day). Presumably those with out of hour indemnities were allowed fly.

Now I did watch it at 108times normal speed, so maybe I missed it!

EIWT Weston, Ireland
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message