Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cricket is looking exciting

Apollo 11 – I was in a refugee accommodation place in Reading, shortly after having escaped CZ.

Cricket – reminded me of the old joke about sex: Ian Botham… once’s he’s in you will never get him out. (There was also Kevin Keegan: will try all day to get it in).

When we had “games” at school, I would hide in the bushes, and definitely avoided going into the showers afterwards (the unavoidable story about a PE teacher ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In high school in the 70s I spent a summer in England on an English language programme. I learned to actually enjoy cricket and could sit watching it for hours in front of the telly.

Today I renember very little of how the game is played.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

If you add together the populations of all the countries that play cricket you get to a very large figure.

I don’t watch the game but I know it started when I get “standby” from few AFIS Saturdays afternoon at 4pm with no one else on frequency

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Aug 09:26
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Apollo 11, I lived and worked in London in the 60’s and don’t remember much of it, except having a great time.
I adore cricket and will watch it whenever I can. I even understand the rules except for the “The Duckworth – Lewis calculator”

France

Malibuflyer wrote:

These include Cricket and Rugby (only played in the former British empire

whoa whoa whoa stop right there, mister

France was never a part of the British Empire, and has been a rugby “power” for decades (less so since ~2005, actually, although our current team is pretty good), has taken part in every world cup and reached the final thrice.

Argentina also never was a part of the British Empire and have played for years at an excellent level.

Re: cricket, I finally understood the attraction of the English for that game when I was invited to an Ashes test at Lords in 2005, arriving at midday to find the entire crowd gently drunk on Pims and warm beer, getting cooked to a nice bright red in the sunshine.

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

Re: cricket, I finally understood the attraction of the English for that game when I was invited to an Ashes test at Lords in 2005, arriving at midday to find the entire crowd gently drunk on Pims and warm beer, getting cooked to a nice bright red in the sunshine.

I can definitely see you are getting the hang of it.

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message