Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Buying a Swiss HB reg airplane

Hi
Does anyone have experience dealing with HB reg?
I am close to pulling the trigger on a HB airplane purchase but I read interesting stuff on BAZL website that foreigners are only allowed to have HB reg as long as the airplane is homebased in Switzerland. Swiss seem to be exempt from this. Just looking to see if anyone has any experience dealing with HB reg in the community. I appreciate the help.
Baris

Switzerland

Is Switzerland not in EASA? Surely EASA rules apply to EASA registered aeroplanes?

Regards, SD..

No experience but interested to hear more. EU tax could be an issue I heard, if you want to change registration at some point…

Life is not a dress rehearsal, it is ...
EBGB KGAI, Belgium

I read the form from BAZL, but believe Swiss citizenship might rather be meant in terms of people living in Switzerland. But BAZL might know more, they are pretty responsive.

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

I have purchased my TB20 from Sion at the end of 2017. My best buy, (except the corrosion I had now in the engine, but this is not because of Swiss ) I have registered it to SM without any problem. I use it as private no issues at all. The BAZL was quick and straightforward, very quick paperwork with the deregistration process.
Documentation was immaculate, so valid for maintenance. The EU Vat may be a headache sometimes.
Operation-wise, CAA wise, they are EASA or at some point more strict. The initial plan was to bing to EASA Land, and they would have accepted swiss docs.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message