Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to get into an airliner RHS with almost no experience of flying yourself

From here

Some ATPL integrated students never get PPL or CPL

What license do they get? A frozen ATPL isn’t a license, it’s a CPL with ATPL theory credit.
Integrated is usually CPL/ME/IR.

always learning
LO__, Austria

MPL

ESME, ESMS

A frozen ATPL isn’t a license, it’s a CPL with ATPL theory credit.

Strictly speaking, it is a CPL/IR plus passes in the 14 EASA ATPL exams. But I know you knew that

On the original Q, one of my PPL instructors once said what a great job it can sometimes be. He is sitting at the office, chatting up the reception girl, while he has five students on their cross country flights and he is getting £20/hr from each of them He had a fake ATPL so didn’t need to log any more stuff, real or imagined…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It can also be MPL: http://www.lusa.lu.se/mpllusa/mpl-resources/

No CPL. No PPL.

Last Edited by Dimme at 01 Sep 13:51
ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

It can also be MPL: http://www.lusa.lu.se/mpllusa/mpl-resources/

No CPL. No PPL.

Thanks for the link. The reports look interesting.

I’ve always felt there must be something seriously wrong with a license that allows you to be FO in a heavy transport aircraft but not PIC in the Cessna 172 you learned to fly in.

According to your table there are MPLs programmes where the student has never ever flown solo! It gives me the shivers.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 01 Sep 15:50
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Also the FOs at Fly Niki have a total 61.5 airborne hours. Not that the other ones are much better.

ESME, ESMS

Well, you can have a frozen ATPL with 19 hours solo. So when one gets to captain, he still has 19 hours PIC AIUI.

LFOU, France

Even less, perhaps?

No solo in the CPL or the IR.

So you can get into an airliner RHS with just the minimum solo hours from the PPL: 10hrs.

With the MPL route, it sounds like zero solo hours.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

With the MPL route, it sounds like zero solo hours.

That is worrying, the only plausible solo scenario is when LHS get incapacitated…

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Sep 15:11
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The MPL does not require a PPL. You can do it with zero solo hours according to the tables show in the report.

ESME, ESMS
50 Posts
Sign in to add your message