Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to find the Hexadecimal code for my aircraft?

If you know your transponder to be programmed with the correct hex code you could also just look it up in maintenance mode, which usually works via holding one of the buttons while powering the unit up.

It should also be mentioned on the avionics equipment list.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Check that you can’t access your own data.
In the UK you can access your driver licence data by entering your license number and your National Insurance No.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

lmsl1967 wrote:

I needed in order to introduce it into the sky echo 2 system configuration

That makes sense. The Sky Echo unit (like any ADS-B In unit) needs your transponder code to eliminate it as a target.

What transponder do you have? The hex code will be configured in it, and the avionics tech who did that should have the info. If you have maintenance mode access to the unit, you can check this yourself.

Peter wrote:

For a D-reg maybe the LBA has a website?

It seems not, for data protection and privacy reasons:
Known official registers

LSZK, Switzerland

@lionel, thanks for the info. I stand corrected.

Below is the US NOAA form for US-reg ELT registration, which only mentions the Beacon ID as coded information (“provided by the beacon manufacturer”). There is no mention that any of the other requested information is coded in the beacon, or any of the alternate coding methods mentioned in the ICAO document.
local copy

In any case, @Snoopy has indicated that the coding, whatever it may be, can be retrieved from the ELT by the AeroFlex tester.

LSZK, Switzerland

I needed in order to introduce it into the sky echo 2 system configuration

LPSR, Portugal

chflyer wrote:

The 15-digit hex code of an ELT is determined by the manufacturer and is unrelated to the aircraft registration.

ELTs are programmed with a code that can be very much related to the aircraft registration. They are programmed with a code derived from one of:

• Beacon Serial Number;
  • Aircraft Operator Designator and a Serial Number;
  • Aircraft 24-bit Address (same as mode S transponder);
  • Aircraft Nationality and Registration Marking.

See ELT coding

Mine is programmed with the aircraft 24-bit address.

Last Edited by lionel at 08 Sep 20:05
ELLX

Yes; a google for g-info finds the UK site. This is one example from there

For a D-reg maybe the LBA has a website?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

UK aircraft codes are on the CAA register. You enter it when setting up the Mode S xpndr.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@chflyer
Edited. I hope my post is clear now.

always learning
LO__, Austria

NCYankee wrote:

it is printed on the registration document that is carried in the aircraft.

Perhaps this is also the case with D-reg aircraft @lmsl1967? If so, that would be the quickest way to answer the question. On an FAA reg certificate, the code is the octal version but that can easily be converted to hex.

LSZK, Switzerland
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message