Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Seattle Avionics acquired by AFV Partners and eventual implications for Europe?

This announcement is interesting in light of AFV Partners already owning RocketRoute, having purchased it in March 2020.

Given RocketRoute origins in Europe and their route-finding and filing capabilites, this combination could evolve into competition for ForeFlight. While Autorouter still the hands-down winner on price/performance for IFR, Seattle Avionics has a charting history and capabilities that might just give Jeppesen some competition for a unified look-and-feel charting product for Europe.

Probably lot’s of views here on that subject

LSZK, Switzerland

RR has gone for the turboprop/jet end of the market and from the pilots I know personally it seems to pretty well own that market.

The AR being free is obviously not a long term business model. It must be moneytised eventually – it is only a question of when.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The AR being free is obviously not a long term business model. It must be moneytised eventually – it is only a question of when.

It already is. AR is supplying routing functionality for several paid flight planning services (e.g. Garmin Pilot) and as far as I understand it is profitable.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

This is good news.
It is possible to buy lifetime subscriptions to FlyQ EFB for cheap on Black Friday every year.

Not sure if they’ll throw the same deal over here, but the lifetime (100 yrs) subscription was roughly $800 iirc.
I bit, so I never pay again…

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message