Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A fun personality quiz for pilots

Took it in 2018. Here’s the result:

LPFR, Poland

Yes, but were you not able to do a massive upgrade in aviation tools after that point in time? Are you sure that did not make you move from the port wing to the starboard wing?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Silvaire wrote:

Therefore either the GA culture is dramatically different in Europe or the website defines left wing differently.

Certainly I think the US and Europe define ‘left wing’ very differently.

What in the US is described as left wing (i.e. for some the entire Democratic Party, or at least a substantial chunk of it) would still be defined as right-of-centre in Europe, and of course the GOP would be firmly right wing – many Europeans might describe it as hard or extreme right.

The mainstream European centre-left is far further left than anything that would ever gain any traction in the US.

I think of myself as slightly right of centre, but the quiz put me slightly left of centre. What I like about being close to the centre and slightly right of it is that it’s the only part of the political spectrum which seems to readily acknowledge the validity of other positions. Once you go further right tolerance towards other views rapidly diminishes, but the moment you cross left of the line I find a distinct lack of acceptance of the validity of non-left views. The further left you get, the further this morphs into an intolerance for anything outside that particular flavour of left-wing thinking.

EGLM & EGTN

aart wrote:

Are you sure that did not make you move from the port wing to the starboard wing?

Haha, you made me take it again.

LPFR, Poland

To make this graph, one must create a nation right ? I can’t find the result.

LFOU, France

scroll down once you have finished the test. The result is only visible after some explanations…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Sorry, i got it :

LFOU, France

loco wrote:

Haha, you made me take it again.

I got the same 1st dot as you and the same 2nd dot swing, after doing the test twice barely after 30min (not 2 years ), first time alone and second time under my wife watch

I think better to have this done by 10 binary choices of personalities one would vote for and then interpolate on that graph, but maybe people have no clue what they are voting for, things like haircut & age may matter !

Meanwhile, on politics does FAA know more than the average man?

https://www.airlive.net/breaking-anticipating-joe-biden-to-be-declared-winner-secret-service-has-put-a-national-defense-airspace-in-place/

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Nov 15:53
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

Therefore either the GA culture is dramatically different in Europe or the website defines left wing differently

It’s different in some ways. Having experienced both, I would say pilots are a lot more (economically) left wing here than the ones I know in the US, however, on both sides, pilots tended to be liberal with social issues (e.g. not authoritarian, in other words, nearly every pilot I’ve known, regardless of country, has tended to be in the bottom half of this diagram). However, I knew quite a few pilots in the US who would be somewhere in the lower left quadrant, certainly more than 1%.

Andreas IOM

I had stumbled on this one… in the naughties, and had taken it then. A blast from the past :)

ELLX
Sign in to add your message