Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 8th birthday

The only thing I hope is that you are not secretly planning an IPO, buy a Jetprop (or something more upscale) from the proceeds and run away to some place, and leave us mortals behind with a forum full of ads

EuroGA would have commercial value only with advertising, and nowadays that would be very little since most advert-clicking traffic is escaping to the “instant satisfaction” channels i.e. fb, twitter, instagram, youtube… One might get enough for a one way trip to Greece.

There are certainly outfits out there which buy up forums, move the databases to their own platform, stick some ads in them, and let them run until they are gone, making a few hundred $ to a few k $ a year out of each. Mostly it is one guy, with maybe one sysadmin. They tend to run several hundred forums, ranging from breeding siamese cats to homebuilt planes (there seem to be dozens of homebuilder forums in the US). I get contacted regularly but don’t need the money. Even 100x or 1000x the money would not change my life. I could buy a Jetprop tomorrow, but choose not to because I don’t have a hangar to put it in and don’t want the hassle of always having to fly it hundreds of miles for somebody to look at it. In life, one has to find a happy spot, with a nice gurl, a good plane, a mountain bike, good rides, good walks, and stay there.

EuroGA, in its present format (polite, informative, etc) makes sense only as a donation funded community project. Yes; it does need to grow, or more accurately it does need to be promoted constantly, because people are naturally dropping out of flying and disappearing, and need to be replaced with new people who will contribute. Most simply stop flying (loss of medical, etc) while at the other end a few move up to turboprops/jets and most (not all) of those no longer have any interest in GA.

Many thanks eddsPeter. The more mentions the better

Leaving the leaflets at airfields is the biggest thing. People need to just keep doing that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wow… eight years already? Seems like we’re going to attend the third class then ;-)

I came to you as a microlight pilot and ended up today as a PPL-A owner with a drive to more licenses like IFR and night flight… and you guys helped me so much! I’m very glad to be part of this great community, where noone is worth less than another (compared to some German forums, where microlight pilots are being laughed at).

Hope to be here in another eight years and thank you so much Peter for your work!

Tobias

EDSO, Germany

Thanks Peter for all you’ve done with this place.

And also thank you to all the participants making it what it is.

First and last Internet pass of the day goes through here and quite a lot of online time too.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Thanks both to Peter and all other contributors. This really is an amazing place.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Same as MD, too much time spent here

Happy birthday and thanks to Peter !

LFOU, France

Happy birthday EuroGA! Well done everyone for making it such a good place, and especially Peter for all his hard work.

I am always impressed by the level of politeness and the standard of debate. Such a refreshing contrast to other places.

EGLM & EGTN

Well done Peter.

A great resource for the GA community which continues to build.

EGLK, United Kingdom

Happy Birthday, may there be many more!

always learning
LO__, Austria
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message