Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna used parts in EU

10 Posts

Hello, do you know about any C-172 related junkyard, or so, where they are parting out Cessnas? I am looking for exhaust muffler for Reims Rocket FR172E, it should be same on C-172 XP, and T-41, with Continental iO-360 engine – P/N 1455009-3 (if someone has any serviceable, no need of form1) I want part with pipe straight through cowlings, without Gomolzig.

But for what I saw on internet, any place with GA airplanes in EU is very rare I know Plane Parts Nimbus in Germany, near Köln, but no luck there.

LKBU, Czech Republic

Realistically you might have better luck getting it “rebuilt” from whatever is left. If no EU shops are willing, the US ones will be happy to take your money. Let me know if you need second hand (as in, for work done for other people, not me) recommendations.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Preferred Airparts show a used one in stock.

The reality of breaking aircraft is you might think a 172 part will fit lots of 172’s, and the part you seek should be pretty common. Until you start looking at the IPC book and it all gets very serial number specific.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

In the EU for a little while, Paul Nalson at Nalson Aviation:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/nalsonaviation/

aerofurb wrote:

In the EU for a little while, Paul Nalson at Nalson Aviation:

I second that. Paul certainly knows his business.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

This may also be of interest, if buying used parts (which often come with no paperwork) for installation in an EASA-reg aircraft.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Exhausts are not what I’d look for from a recycler, as they are not a long life item, even if stainless steel, and some take work time to replace.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Agreed, Paul is the man for used parts! He has a rather large supply of stock!

Thanks guys, I ordered new one (CEM0023), but delivery time is pure pain in ass. Thanks, @aerofurb, and @ultranomad, I will look for it. Anton, you can tell me personally your experience on LKBU next time. :)

LKBU, Czech Republic

@Peter thank you, I know about this option, if parts are used by owner in non-commercial use. :)

LKBU, Czech Republic
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message