Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Video on UK CAA infringement enforcement procedures

Interesting. On a quick watch, it seems mostly well described. Some utterly scandalous stuff in there… credit to the pilots who contributed despite being readily identifiable by the CAA “team”.

Does this apply in the UK post-brexit?

I know most/all of it is in UK criminal law also…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, because all current laws we get from the EU have been copied and pasted into British law, and won’t change unless Parliament actually actively changes them. So by default, yes it will continue to apply post-Brexit. The Human Rights Act isn’t going to be repealed on Jan 1st.

Last Edited by alioth at 03 Dec 17:34
Andreas IOM

@Off_Field, has that video been taken down?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

@Jacko

Looks to have been switched to private. Not sure why but I imagine the CAA bust em team would not be happy with the (what seemed sensible) advice he gives to those who get contacted by the CAA “team”.

Word is that a new version will be out tomorrow.

AFAIK you cannot replace the video file on YT (I can on Vimeo, which is one of the reasons I much prefer Vimeo) so the URL is lost if you want to do edits.

Administrator

New one

Administrator

The only point on which I disagree rather strongly is that it’s always worth seeking legal advice as soon as you are threatened with any kind of CAA enforcement action.

Don’t go to just any lawyer, choose one who has a track record of wiping the floor with the CAA. The CAA flatfoots know and respect these professionals.

It looks expensive, but it’s money well spent. At worst your lawyer will advise you to concede, and proceed to negotiate the least bad outcome for you. At best he’ll defend you, and win, and persuade the court to award all of your costs against the CAA:

Last Edited by Jacko at 03 Dec 22:40
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

ooh I like that Peter!

Forever learning
EGTB

This popped up on my YouTube feed this morning..

I wonder if a ‘Just Culture’ exists for us pilots out there?

EGKH, United Kingdom

That video is from 2015 but yes it is hilariously disingenuous because the system it describes is totally not being applied to GA pilots.

Administrator
70 Posts
Sign in to add your message