Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Process of purchasing an aircraft located in another EU country

Update for anyone who finds this:

I managed to find a very good Bulgarian inspector (through the Socata club) to travel to Romania to look at the airplane, which he declared to be in top mechanical condition. So now I’m sitting in Romania waiting for improving weather (hopefully tomorrow) to make the journey back. The purchase was straightforward so far (minus COVID challenges and weather), so hopefully it remains so for the rest of the process!

EHRD, Netherlands

Excellent choice

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@dutch_flyer, great news, congrats ! Are you keeping her (at least for the time being) on YR registry?

172driver wrote:

@dutch_flyer, great news, congrats ! Are you keeping her (at least for the time being) on YR registry?

For the moment, yes. But it seems the Romanian CAA is rather strict on maintenance schedules, and even has some extra inspections/overhauls with shorter intervals. So I will be moving it to PH this year at some point. For the moment I’m just focused on getting the plane home!

EHRD, Netherlands

Good news dutch_flyer! Keep us updated

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Congratulations and many many happy flights with it!
I like the TB10, is it the only 4 cylinder 5 seat airplane?

How is it equipped? IFR? How much was asking price?

dutch_flyer wrote:

But it seems the Romanian CAA is rather strict on maintenance schedules

Report it to EASA. YR is EASA, right? So no “gold plating” of rules allowed!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

How is it equipped? IFR? How much was asking price?

It’s “theoretically IFR”, though it’s only been flown VFR in recent years. It has a King HSI with slaved compass, 2 KX-175Bs, a King ADF, Remote DME, Trig Mode S, and a Becker 8.33 com. I intend to fly it IFR after a bit of work and upgrading the avionics. I picked it up for 61k with only a few hundred hours on the engine and prop, both OH’d in 2016.

Just flew it from Romania to Straubing yesterday, and will stay here a couple days for them to fix the AP.

EHRD, Netherlands

AFAIK, the NAV part of the KX-175B isn’t approved for IFR in Europe due to lack of immunity against interference from the FM broadcast band (88-108 MHz).

To what extent this matters in practise or if the risk is only theoretical I don’t know.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

AFAIK, the NAV part of the KX-175B isn’t approved for IFR in Europe due to lack of immunity against interference from the FM broadcast band (88-108 MHz).

That’s my understanding as well, which is why they’re coming out. :) I’m looking for a 430W or 530W to drop in as part of my improvement plan…

EHRD, Netherlands

lionel wrote:

You don’t need to clear customs in the Netherlands if you leave the plane on the Romanian register.

You don’t have to clear the customs regardless the registry – it’s intra-EU purchase.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message