Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GAMA and IAOPA Launch 2021 European General Aviation Survey

Today, the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) and the International Council of Aircraft Owner and Pilot Associations (IAOPA), launched the 2021 European General Aviation Survey. The annual survey will contribute to a better understanding of the trends in general aviation flight activity and aircraft equipment, and fleet composition trends to support safety analysis in Europe.

The survey is now open and will close on 30th April. To access the 2021 survey please CLICK HERE

To access the official press release and the 2020 Survey results CLICK HERE

For additional information, please contact Cate Brancart, Manager, European Safety and Operations, GAMA, [email protected] or Dr. Michael Erb, Senior Vice President – Europe, IAOPA, [email protected].

Many flights everyone !

Grimbergen ( EBGB), Belgium

I’ve done it, for 2 aircraft. I had to stop and check records several times to get required information – % A to A v A to B.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

We appeal to all EuroGA members to support this survey and help spread the word. The results give us the essential data we need to highlight to governments and regulators the challenges our sector is facing, in particular the impact of the pandemic on flight hours.

The good news is that over the first 5 days of the survey we have received over 500 responses already, covering over 750 aircraft in 20 countries (see map attached) – but this is only a fraction of the European GA fleet so please share, promote and respond to the survey.

Thanks to all who have already participated!

Belgium
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well, as always, never trust any statistics which you haven’t drawn up yourself…

For example, how is this even possible, with all the low end GA we have in Europe?

Well, I guess the answer is here; the sample is way too tiny to be of much use:

And the low end of GA seems to be mostly missing:

And, whilst Germany is definitely the epicentre of GA in Europe, this is likely not a very representative picture either:

Last Edited by boscomantico at 25 Jan 09:43
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Well, I guess the answer is here; the sample is way too tiny to be of much use:

Not only that but it is likely not representative. It is unfortunate, but given the poor answer rate, I surprised that AOPA even bother to publish the results.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

How come there are twice more aircraft (2052) than individuals (1082)? maybe those who responded have KitFox & SR22 in their garage with grass & pavement?

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Jan 10:00
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Clearly the sampled population was not representative.

The vast majority of GA participants are not reachable in any practical way. You would have to bang on every corner of social media for a year, and then you would just get those who are on social media and are bothered to respond.

This was discovered over and over again by e.g. people trying to contact N-reg owners based in Europe.

The standard problem with all types of “social research”. It cannot be done well without a lot of legwork, and nobody wants to do that unless there is a lot of money behind it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I supplied data for 2021 but I wasn’t aware of 2020 survey.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I see they managed to find the two (living) AOPA members in Norway

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message