Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

[PLEASE SIGN] UK Gov. Petition: Mutual Recognition of UK/EASA Flight Crew Licences

Dear all,

If you are a UK National and/or UK Resident you can sign the following petition that is aimed at the UK Government on pushing the matter of mutual recognition of UK/EASA pilot licences.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/578133

I believe it’s in the interest of everyone that can sign to do so, even if you are not living in the EU or don’t need an EASA licence right now

EDDW, Germany

@Alpha_Floor signed

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Signed, of course.

United Kingdom

Done !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Good luck, but unfortunately what is being asked in the petition isnt within the power of the UK govt you are asking to grant… its an EASA thing, and the UK isnt in EASA anymore… Is there a similar petition that could be set up for the EU ?

skydriller wrote:

Good luck, but unfortunately

I see what you mean. And I also believe this is unlikely to get anything done.

However, at the very least it’s some form of record/evidence of the amount of people who are unhappy about this.

EDDW, Germany

skydriller wrote:

what is being asked in the petition isnt within the power of the UK govt you are asking to grant

It is within the powers vested in HM Government to make or ratify the kind of treaty being petitioned.

London, United Kingdom

skydriller wrote:

Is there a similar petition that could be set up for the EU ?

Probably, I don’t know, but why ? I mean, the only thing of interest is FAA, at least for GA.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I would put money on that exactly this is being negotiated with EASA right now, out of media spotlight.

It is in everybody’s interest, after all. And EASA’s non recognition of UK papers issued while an EASA member is not only just plain spiteful but unprecedented, so I would expect cooler heads to prevail eventually, once the overall political temperature has gone down a bit.

It may take a bit of time, however, if this is anything to go by

There has been some movement already.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Alpha_Floor wrote:

However, at the very least it’s some form of record/evidence of the amount of people who are unhappy about this.

48.1% were indeed unhappy. Unfortunately 51.9% were quite content not to be part of the EASA system.

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message