Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Large fire at Hilversum airfield

Last night, a hangar at Hilversum airfield burned down. Ronald, the maintenance technician, lived with his wife and daughter above the hangar.

The only thing they still own are the clothes they were wearing when they barely survived. Ronald has lost his house, his workshop and his livelihood in one fell swoop. Ronald is someone who never asks anything for himself, is always there for everyone and is a highly regarded, reliable maintenance technician and fellow pilot at the airfield.

He and his family deserve help like no other to rebuild their lives. A new workshop and home are an inseparable part of this. Hence this appeal for everyone to make a contribution.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-ronald-uit-de-brand

Thank you very much,
René

Last Edited by dppintr at 02 Apr 15:00
Netherlands

No insurance?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Done… I don’t know them, but wish them lots of success with their restart.

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

It is heart-warming to see donations coming in, also from the international flying community. Thank you very much for that. You could also add “euroga.org member” to your donation, or which country you are donating from.

I was at the airfield yesterday, and their house was totally burnt down. The fire brigade, on the instructions of a pilot who is familiar with the airfield, was able to get some planes out of the hangar, but these planes have damage, and some will probably have to be written off.

Even the owners of the light aircraft involved, although they have damage themselves, think first and foremost of the family who has lost everything, and they are donating just as much to help the family get back on their feet quickly. Insurance will be far from covering this to start over again.

Netherlands

I was a member of this club for a while and saw the pictures. Really horrible tragedy for a wonderful community of people, and especially for Ronald’s family! Thanks for passing this on.

EHRD, Netherlands

Done! I really don’t know what to wish in such a horrible case…

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Done. Good to see there is quite some loyalty in aviation still. Thanks for sharing the opportunity.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Almost EUR90K so far..I am impressed! Good GAmechanics are an increasingly rare species a lot of us are trying to protect. Ronald’s case seems to be beyond business! I am really touched to see such a caring aviation community.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Herewith some pictures I took the next morning. Ronald also supported the entire fleet of the Aeroclub Amsterdam-Hilversum. The fleet is now completely out of service, to say the least. Also his own glider was hit. He and his family deserve help like no other to rebuild their lives. A new workshop and home are an inseparable part of this. If you have contributed, thank you very much!

Last Edited by dppintr at 04 Apr 15:34
Netherlands

The Katana and the 172 PH-SKC (nice reg) look mainly dirty from the smoke. Anything broken that a good wash won’t fix? The other one in the hangar looks rather bad.

Hopefully they can restore themselfs rather expeditiously. In the end, all material things can eventually be replaced but thank God nobody was hurt.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message