Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Original Paint Schemes & Interiors

Thanks Bleriot

I think it looks good

You occasionally see a non-HB plane with the Swiss flag and you immediately know where it came from

I just looked up FAA JO 7340.2J referenced on wikipedia, and the only countries requiring a national emblem on the aircraft are Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Mexico.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

@Snoopy congratulations on your new scheme, very nice. Is your white Juneau White?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Thanks but I admit I bought it like this ;)

It’s kind of light yellowish/ivory, definitely makes the plane look old (well, it is).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Austria and Germany require the respective flag as well.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Every aviation supply store sells these small flag decals (the German ones often even have a golden stripe instead of just yellow one) but only the Swiss like to paint their cross across the whole vertical fin.

EDQH, Germany

My first flight lessons as a kid in the 70s were in this 1966 C150F, and it’s still wearing mostly the same paint. One photo below was taken at least 10 years before then, the guy in the upper photo was born in 1941 and is no longer around, the second photo was taken recently in Florida…. When stumbling across it I was quite happy to see that the plane wasn’t now painted white with a purple swirly

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Jun 16:56

Ok, I’d like some opinions on my specific airplane. Here’s the current paint scheme, which is in desperate need of a respray:

I really like the retro look, but had earlier received advice to go more modern, maybe something like this:

Curious to hear thoughts

EHRD, Netherlands

You might consider going for the standard GT scheme. Makes it look more “valuable”, IMHO. Possibly good for the resale value.

As much as I like the golden age paint schemes generally, I wouldn’t go for that orange again.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

On a GT, I would agree.

On a pre GT, as some did, one could debate it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When I repainted my TR182, I went for colours as close as possible to the original orange and brown, and a similar layout too, though not identical – for one thing I wanted to accommodate 12 inch registration. My wife objected violently to the “squiggles” that were very fashionable about 10 years ago. I’m very glad I went for this scheme now, rather than some other colour combination that was popular at the time but would quickly be dated – burgundy/gray comes to mind.

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message