Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA ME IR to SEP IR

Peter is correct about the FAA IR being non-expiring but if I let my MEP lapse I could keep IR current on the SE but not sure if this would be legal as far as the FAA is concerned (a couple of "typos" corrected :)

You are currently allowed to fly N-registered multi-engine land airplanes only if your UK CAA PPL presently allows you to do so.
If you fail to revalidate "your multi-engine privileges" in the UK, you will also cease to be able to exercise "these multi-engine privileges" under your 61.75 FAA pilot certificate. However, as long as your UK "single-engine privileges" remain valid (current UK BFR....) and you keep satisfying FAA currency requirements (current FAA flight review, "6-in-6" instrument approach currency....) you will continue to be allowed to fly N-registered single-engine airplanes under IFR.

In the past I had to face a very similar "dilemma" to yours.

YSCB

Antek...........thanks for the info....exactly what I was hoping would be the case....

Many thanks

Ps...just received similar confirmation from the US flight school I used for the IR.....and that anytime in the future could reactivate ME privileges by reactivating ME rating....

Just as a matter of interest Antek, since I see you are based in Canberra, does anybody there operate Nreg aircraft with FAA IR to circumvent the also fairly onerous Australian currency and revalidation requirements?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

@AnthonyQ

To the best of my knowledge there are no N-registered airplanes based in Canberra. There is an USAF King Air stationed here that is used by people from the US Embassy. There are, however, several light N-registered craft based at Bankstown, Sydney's "secondary" airfield.

@bhyatt

just received similar confirmation from the US flight school I used for the IR.....and that anytime in the future could reactivate ME privileges by reactivating ME rating....

Provided the ME rating on your "foreign licence" (= your UK CAA licence or Its EASA replacement) remains current or is regained after being allowed to lapse.

YSCB
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message