Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel shortages in the UK?

This video was posted elsewhere… while it was taken in the US, it does demonstrate to what level of life threathening stupidity people can descend to.

Only a question of time before someone will blow themselves to kingdom come over this gas craze.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 05 Oct 18:26
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

That’s absolutely hilarious

No queue at all today near where I work. So it looks like it took 10 days to calm down.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Graham wrote:

it was only little cuts, like 0.02 per litre

That’s not a cut. Here it was about NOK 15 per liter usually, then suddenly it became 10-11, even below 10 at times. Maybe they still do it, but after I got my first electric car I stopped bother completely because I fill up my other car so seldom, perhaps only once every 3 months.

[ brexit stuff deleted ]

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Hmm. Shortage of butchers is Brexit stuff, shortage of truck drivers is not. Good to know

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Well, the “petrol shortage” is over.

There never was a petrol shortage. There never was a shortage of truck drivers. It was 100% media orchestrated panic.

In the past week, petrol stations have been catching up, with many having diesel sold out, or petrol sold out, but no queues. No more truck drivers either. Clearly people just got bored with panicking.

Administrator

Well, not quite over yet in London, and for some reason the government drafted in 200 extra drivers from the army :-)

And perhaps there actually was a petrol shortage

As ever, I think a lot of things were happening at the same time.

White Waltham EGLM, United Kingdom

Just a funny observation. I last filled up my car the day before this started, and I am down to 1/3 of the tank now. Time to fill up again.

The whole “petrol shortage” was 100% pure panic buying. When it ended, the garage forecourts were near-empty for a few days, as the “always drive with an almost empty tank” crowd converted their fuel stock into cash which could be much more usefully spent on booze, fags, and dirty mags

Administrator

Peter wrote:

There never was a petrol shortage. There never was a shortage of truck drivers. It was 100% media orchestrated panic.

Looking at the rise in petrol prices over here in Germany I wonder, why they haven’t regarded the old rule of supply and demand in GB? If supply’s short, then raise the price. On 4 pounds per litre or more there surely would have been a shortage of people wanting to refuel. Problem solved and media would have been bashing petrol companies, rather than government

Germany

I think it would have looked like exploitation, and nobody wants to look like they are doing that

Administrator
Sign in to add your message