Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine

We have some special rules for this thread, in addition to the normal EuroGA Guidelines. The basic one is that EuroGA will not be a platform for pro Russian material. For that, there are many sites on the internet. No anti Western posts. Most of us live in the "West" and enjoy the democratic and material benefits. Non-complying posts will be deleted and, if the poster is a new arrival, he will be banned.

That sounds weird too But who knows. Maybe it’s a special “soak drones with fuel mode”

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

As I understand it, afterburners have igniters and without the sparks from those you just get the fuel streaming out of the back.

On the other hand, kerosene auto-ignition temperatures are low enough that I am not sure why they are required.

I don’t think anyone or any military would modify expensive hardware for a stunt like that – it is probably a built in feature or quirk.

I also don’t think the collision was deliberate. Who would want to risk damage to a multi-million warplane for a cheap stunt? Just imagine clipping the drone with the edge of an engine intake, or a full-on collision.

This is most likely one of the usual stunts of harassing opposing aircraft in in international airspace gone a bit further than intended, but in this case a good outcome for Russia

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

I also don’t think the collision was deliberate.

It was absolutely deliberate… it’s so obvious from the video.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It’s funny how Russia made that claim of evasive sharp manœuvres before these videos comes out online? don’t they have film of what their MiG are doing up there?

The same with “weather balloon” that was intercepted by U2 for selfie posted on Facebook

I wonder how far behind countries like Russia and China are in terms of “live streaming technology” of a war scene?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Another excellent analysis

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

It was absolutely deliberate… it’s so obvious from the vides

The close manoeuvring and hosing with fuel certainly was deliberate. Maybe even an attempt to bring it down with wake turbulence. The pilot also clearly accepted the risk of a collision. I just doubt that he would actually want to damage his expensive hardware.

But then again, maybe I am assuming a level of rationality Russian fighter pilots don’t possess

Last Edited by Cobalt at 18 Mar 07:17
Biggin Hill

Just had a look at the ICC website. Perhaps it is buried on a page I cannot see, but no warrants for BLIAR, BUSH, CLINTON.

Also Mr Zelensky #zelenskywarcriminal.

Time to send Julian a message….

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

Just had a look at the ICC website. Perhaps it is buried on a page I cannot see, but no warrants for BLIAR, BUSH, CLINTON.

Also Mr Zelensky #zelenskywarcriminal.

Blair and Bush I can understand, but what about Zelensky?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

what about Zelensky?

He is an ex-comedian, well trained to be liar and after his role in Paddington film he has all ingredients to be a war criminal…joking of course !

Sign in to add your message