Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Please press the SHIFT key on your Ipad when starting a post

I am frequently fixing these. But sometimes I don’t, due to lack of time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
EGTF, United Kingdom

Ah that explains it

Administrator

Bumping this thread again.

“poland” should be “Poland”

Administrator

Mmmmh… why do you want us to start a post using a capital letter?
(hope I’m not making too much a fool of myself with this… )

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

It would be nicer if I didn’t have to correct quite so many posts. Unfortunately I don’t have a “fix case” function so would need to copy/paste into something else, or retype it.

There are other admins on EuroGA but this ends up my job.

Administrator

Peter – we don’t know each other (althogh we were in contact many years ago on another forum when you asked me advice about flying to Greece which I happily gave) but your curt response to my Morocco thread is hardly welcoming to a new poster – or indeed helpful. If there is a requirement to press the shift key at the start of a post (a) why not make that clearer? and (b) in my particular case this is what I did and yet it seems to have made no difference.

One purpose of a forum is to share ideas in an encouraging and friendly space. But your response reminds me of those bad old days back in the early ’90s when enthusiastic newbies would arrive at a flying club to find a bunch of surly instructors who clearly had no interest in your being there – but nevertheless expected you to know how everything worked from the get-go.

No matter. You’ll probably delete this.

United Kingdom

It has not been deleted Unlike all the other European GA sites, we delete personal attacks or similar. Or for admin reasons (post no longer applicable after thread merging, etc). The rules are here and they are pretty clear.

The thread you posted was just the Nth one within a day or two where somebody is asking for advice, while not even bothering to spend an extra second or two write properly… presumably in the knowledge that “somebody will fix it”. Yes; “somebody does fix it” but sometimes I get fed up with doing it, sometimes multiple times a day.

It really is not rocket science to write

To Morocco this September

rather than

TO MOROCCO THIS SEPTEMBER!!

or even much more usefully and politely e.g.

Looking for advice on Morocco, September 2023

The extra time taken to use SHIFT is probably a couple of seconds, but I am sure you will consider any advice worthless unless somebody spent 100-1000 times longer to write it.

Take a moment to think about this.

We are all in this together. EuroGA is not a 300 quid a year online newspaper, where you can have a go at the publisher if he’s not producing the content you expect. It is a community funded site, and nobody is paid to run it.

It’s another facet of this.

And you joined up 5 years ago, so not a “new poster”

Administrator
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message