Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Seattle area for an aviator

I have been to Museum of Flight, i liked it a lot. The other ones I don't know. What I would do again is a) take a flight with Kenmore Air's Beaver floatplane from downtown Seattle, and I would b) also drive to the Evergreen Museum of Flight, 35 miles southwest of Portland, Oregon - to see the Spruce Goose!

seaplane is on my wishlist...hopefully sometimes in future

LKKU, LKTB

http://www.museumofflight.org/ is definitely worth visiting, plenty of interesting airplanes and other information there.

LKKU, LKTB

back on the base, back reading Euroga.
Museum of Flight – definitely worth visiting, reserve a half a day for it. A lot of interesting aircraft, data and not only about Boeing aircraft and Mr. Boeing´s cows.
Museum of flight restoration center – located at Paine Field (the place where 747s, 777 and 777 are born). Basically a workshop. if you like some dust and tooling, go there. full scale mock-up of supersonic Boeing aircraft there.
Flying Heritage Collection – some not-so common aircraft there – Polikarpov I-16 Rata.
Boeing – company tour (16 USD) – chance to see 747, 777 and 787 production lines from the gallery, good experience. The “Future of flight museum” – basically nothing there, I somehow do not understand how they can charge admission fee for it (but can be included in your 16/18 USD you pay for production line visit).

some pics including a flight out of Phoenix Deer Valley – class B transition and over Pinal Air Park at: my web – just ignore Czech labels ;-)

LKKU, LKTB
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message