Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mooney makes a comeback

Mooney_Driver wrote:

They are absolutely not communicating at all

I think they scored zero on that aspect for factory workers but even worse for aircraft owners or future buyers….

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

From AOPA

The Kerrville Daily Times reported that staff were called into work December 2, nearly three weeks after the latest idling on November 12. “At this time there are negotiations with an additional investor,” Mooney representative Devan Burns wrote to the newspaper in an email.

I wonder who is is ‘investing’ the money to make payroll, and why?

…aaaand we’re closed again.

EBST, Belgium

Mooney’s plan, I believe to remember, was to sell 40 airplanes in 2019; they sold 4. 2018 plan was 20; they sold 14, so actuals reciprocal to plan. Not underperforming, but reciprocal. Cirrus sold 400, rising. No PE investor would sustain that kind of case alive for long, not even the very bold ones. This business case seems to be wrong on so many levels it hurts. Underfunded from the start. Very sad.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 07 Jan 10:29
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Some news out of Kerrville
https://www.mooney.com/
Somebody’s been reading EuroGA. Or just GA.

ESMK, Sweden

local copy

Has someone bought them and put in some money?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here is an article about it. Doesn’t sound bad for owners.

Last Edited by terbang at 04 Sep 07:00
EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

This is good news for the owners of a long body Mooney with G1000. They had almost no options for upgrading their aircraft to WAAS or ADS-B.
The increased UL is important as well. I’m happy that parts availability is reassured.

EBST, Belgium

I would always have been confident that, with the huge fleet size, the parts supply would always be assured. That business alone must be worth of the order of USD 5M a year of sales, and most of them with a massive gross margin of perhaps 90%.

Whether the TC owner, whoever it is from time to time, would be willing to sell the parts business (due to emotional attachment) is another matter. This is what killed all the proposals to restart the Socata TB production by other people. Socata either would not sell the parts business or wanted too much for it despite not making the planes anymore. And only a complete mug would buy the TC and production rights and be stuffed with buying parts from Socata

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So did we decided who will sit on the board as the “EuroGA Mooney representative” ?
My vote goes to airways !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message