Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Issue fun boarding pass for your passenger... Don't let the airlines outdo private flyers :)

10 Posts

As mentioned in separate thread, I wrote a small free app to issue boarding pass for your passengers as a proof of concept of how to use ChatGPT…

This is a completely frivolous app, free, open source, but hopefully fun.

It lets you create boarding pass that you can share via a link, and your passenger will be able to add it to the apple wallet, exactly like your favourite airline boarding pass…

You can even scan the boarding pass to make sure the friend who shows up is the friend you intended to take in your plane…

Do not use for any commercial or serious use, this is intended to be fun, but make sure you read the disclaimer :)

You can find more info here

Last Edited by roznet at 29 May 15:23
EGTF, United Kingdom
Pretty cool !
EETU, Estonia

Super cool!
Can you add custom logos?
And free text pax name input?

always learning
LO__, Austria

And support for Android? :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Looks great. I’ve just done a boarding pass for my daughter.

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom

Wonderful, great fun! This should cause some interest from my pilot friends when my pax shows them his/her boarding pass!

Of course, opening up like this generates feedback …. any chance for a German version to add to EN/FR?

Regarding the departure time, it appears that this CEST, calculated from the local time in the device using the app…correct?

LSZK, Switzerland

What a wonderful idea!! Will try it.

Small kids probably won’t have a smartphone to load it on, but one could print it out.

Germany

Love it !

EGTF, LFTF

chflyer wrote:

Wonderful, great fun! This should cause some interest from my pilot friends when my pax shows them his/her boarding pass!

Of course, opening up like this generates feedback …. any chance for a German version to add to EN/FR?

Regarding the departure time, it appears that this CEST, calculated from the local time in the device using the app…correct?

I have added a German and a Spanish version.

That said: I don’t speak German or Spanish, so this was generated by ChatGPT. The English and French version were also ad verbatim generated by ChatGPT, but at least I could make sure it made some sense… let me know if it doesn’t

https://ro-z.net/flyfunboarding/pages/yourBoardingPass.php?lang=de

https://ro-z.net/flyfunboarding/pages/yourBoardingPass.php?lang=es

And about the time/timezone, I have to admit, I did not pay enough attention to handle that carefully, so could be some bug. I think right now it will keep the timezone in which you entered the ticket time from the app… Another thing to improve for later, added to the list of issues

Last Edited by roznet at 04 Jun 06:14
EGTF, United Kingdom

Perhaps a native German (or Spanish) speaker could add their comments and/or corrections. For me, the German version is OK and can be added to the app.

LSZK, Switzerland
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message