Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ways to beat Eurocontrol.....

This is just a bit of nonsense on my recollection of IFR route planning… and to test the new site functionality.

Between 2005 and 2007 I used this Italian flight simmer enthusiast site. Amazingly it is still up there after all these years. It is hard to use because the whole route is done at one level, but it doesn’t tell you which level it used I used to get a result about 90% of the time.

From 2008 I used Autoplan. That is now dead; the developer got fed up with keeping up with Eurocontrol’s constant changing of the validation interface.

From about 2010 I used Flightplanpro (FPP). That is currently the only free tool for this job. Rocketroute also does it, for €200/year.

There are other tools, non-free.

EuroFPL and FPP also offer access to Eurocontrol’s route-suggest facility, but again this is all at one level which is very limiting for some flights e.g. UK to south of the Alps if you don’t want to sit at FL160 the whole time. Fortunately you can file for FL160 and then change enroute.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

AeroPlus also has a very nice routing engine build in their iOS application. It can even do FL changes. AeroPlus apps

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

it’s about time that the ARO’s also start doing something in this field!…

EBST

Another “secret” route site which works pretty well is VATROUTE.NET

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Another “secret” route site which works pretty well is VATROUTE.NET

Less than effective…

it’s about time that the ARO’s also start doing something in this field!…

What could they do? There is no way to do anything whatsoever without interactive online validation with Eurocontrol. I think that was realised at the time of the earliest tools (2008) and nobody has found any way around it.

Administrator

t’s about time that the ARO’s also start doing something in this field!…What could they do? There is no way to do anything whatsoever without interactive online validation with Eurocontrol. I think that was realised at the time of the earliest tools (2008) and nobody has found any way around it.

Well this may come as a suprise but I believe there is a wind of change…..The EAD currently offers already Briefing facilities to ARO’s and there are plans to further extend and develop the services for ARO’s…What is maybe a known secret but when filing through the ARO you assurance that your flight plan is submitted to all the addresses along your route is garanteed…specially flying VFR ….when flying VFR/IFR composite flight plans who’s is taking care of your VFR part…..?
Anyway without going to much in detail…
ARO Briefing

Last Edited by Vref at 07 Nov 20:32
EBST

Interesting… they stop just short of saying they will offer IFR route development.

Administrator

well…what can I say…
NAV Portugal

EBST

Have they contracted the old homebriefing.com to provide a service?

Homebriefing (I used them 2004-2010 for flight plan filing) never provided any support for IFR route development. They did FP filing for €40/year (covering up to 10 flight plans per year) and had an H24 helpdesk… which “usually” worked. It was a business which Vienna ATC ran on the side.

Administrator

No..no…homebriefing is just the name the ARO’s give for GA Pilots who want to do Briefing themselfs..there are plenty of ARO’s who provide a service free of charge for non commercial operations…
It is even so…that technically (though a bit absurd) you could use the NAV Portugal ARO service for Flight Plan btw UK and Germany…………..

EBST
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message