Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Winter weather is not necessarily bad

Post-frontal weather – south east UK…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yep. Had a lovely little run up to Lincolnshire and back this morning. A glorious day for flying.

EGTK Oxford

Agreed, a lovely and absolutely perfect day for flying. I wish we had more days like this in the UK. Compare this to yesterday where at 3000 ft in a hold over Cambridge, it was -2 and there was sleet in amongst the rain showers hitting the windscreen. Yesterday – a very good day for IMC practise (though had to keep a close eye out for icing), today – a good day for going somewhere and taking in the sights all around. And a good day for taking photos, as the light was wonderful

[David: Removed strikethrough]

Last Edited by David at 10 Nov 16:44
Last Edited by Peter at 10 Nov 16:26
Last Edited by PiperArcher at 10 Nov 16:24

Not sure why there is a strike through on part of my post. I used the smiley icon using Opera Mini on my iPad and it seems to have done that after editing a bit of text after the first post.

Or maybe the minus sign before the number 2 did it ?

Last Edited by PiperArcher at 10 Nov 16:26

Interesting style sheet issue fixed

The minus sign is used a strike-through text attribute, on some sites. It has now been removed from EuroGA because as pilots we are quite likely to use stuff like -2C

Last Edited by Peter at 10 Nov 17:47
Administrator

Peter I think it might have happened after I also added a minus sign at the end to make a smiley. Just read the posting tips and found how to do smileys anyhow

Last Edited by PiperArcher at 10 Nov 16:31

I am trying to get up to the IOM this week – looks possible for the first time for a while.

Administrator

I seem to remember that the IOM still officially regards homosexuality as a criminal activity, with the prescribed punishment as birching. Not that that should sway your thinking, but just thought you might be interested to know that….

Back in Czechoslovakia, I used to get that at school if I didn’t work hard enough, so that isn’t going to stop me going

Administrator

Luckily no one is planning to fly to North Korea, apparantly a number of people have been executed for amongst other trivial misdeameanors – using a mobile phone.

12 Posts
Sign in to add your message