Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IAOPA - EASA news

here

The new guy is a GA pilot, though probably not an owner.

I don’t think Goudou had anything to do with GA. Eric Sivel once told me he has a PPL and rents PA28s and such…

Last Edited by Peter at 03 Dec 19:06
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In the US, it is not required to have 100 hour inspections on rental aircraft if the flight was not a training flight. Rarely are the logbooks made continuously available for renter pilots or students conducting training flights. Each company deals with keeping track of the maintenance status of their fleet and have their own system of communicating with the renter. Virtually none of this is mandated by regulation. Things such as 50 Hour inspections and TBO are not mandatory. What is mandatory includes annuals, 100 hour inspections for aircraft conducting training flights, and AD compliance and in many cases the transponder 24 calendar month check. I suspect that in most companies that train pilots, the students, renters, and instructors can review the log books if they wish to, but the vast majority do not, except when taking a flight test. More rules don’t make things safer.

KUZA, United States
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message