Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hanger Size vs Number of Planes

Silvalre is right about the T hangar if you're looking for something to neatly house 2. The use of space is really efficient and you can easily add to it at a later date. This is, however, assuming you've got available access from the front and rear.

Best of luck.

Private Strip

Thank you Silvaire, I for one had never heard of a T-hangar so I have again learned something. I should think that, for only two planes, some further gain can be achieved with a turn of perhaps 15 or 20 degrees? The goal would be to have both the propeller and one wingtip very close to the door i.e. backside.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Two T-hangars combined would work, says he... stating the blindingly obvious :-)

11 x 11 metres would be perfect for 1

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I'm planning to build another hanger. I only need to put one plane in, but obviously for a small increase in size, you can fit in a second plane. The airfield I used to frequent had a modest hanger that we once nearly squeezed three Cessnas into, when a hail storm threatened. I don't remember its dimensions, and sadly it burned, so I can no longer measure it (no planes lost).

Aside from cutting out little cardboard airplanes, and sliding them around on a floor plan, does anyone have an idea how to determine an optimum hanger size for two 172 sized planes? Anyone share two highwings in a hanger, who can tell me the hanger size?

Silvaire, your method is excellent - but out of my budget!

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message