Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen MyFlightPlan Online

Can it print enroute strip charts, like one could from Flitestar?

A4 size, say 10nm=1", showing all intersection names, etc.

The next job is how to get them out of the Ipad if you want hard copy. Can it generate an A4 PDF, which can somehow be transferred out, assuming a non jailbroken Ipad?

If one can't get the strip charts out of the device.... you know my view on that

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Can it print enroute strip charts, like one could from Flitestar?

Of course not. However, it is not terribly difficult to print from the browser with the right views of the route. For my purpose, this is just as good as a printing function especially since printing a screenshot is reliable whereas getting their complex raster metafile printing to work require more luck.

I've had a quick peek at how the web site works internally. It always renders the complete map view on the server and transfers it to the web browser as a PNG. It is generated using a URL request which takes the dimensions and coordinates as an option. It should not be difficult to write a little script that renders maps as required.

On the iPad, one can use the screenshot function (menu + button button) and then print from iPhoto.

While talking to Jepp this morning I asked them about availability of IFR maps. It turns out that they have a big printer in Frankfurt and everything is printed on demand and mailed on the same day or the next.

12 Posts
Sign in to add your message