Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Valentine's Day

Or draw a picture – that would be even more fun and original.

Since the only things I can draw remotely well are aircraft, I doubt my wife would be very happy

Last Edited by blueline at 14 Feb 13:45
LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

… or pick some homegrown/wild flowers and leaves

Everything else apart, my wife suffers badly from hay fever and is really thankful for every day on which there are no microscopic parts of plants and flowers in the air.

Or draw a picture – that would be even more fun and original.

Not a good idea either as my wife happens to be an arts teacher and would probably not be very impressed

EDDS - Stuttgart

I do bring my wife a present on Valentine’s day. I have no choice because it happens to be her birthday!
No flowers. Instead a couple of nights in a great hotel here in the mountains of Mallorca. Yes, I feel ashamed that I profit myself too..
METAR great and TAF too! (LEPA)

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Looks like pilots are not very romantic nowadays :-)
I think that the analogy to the USSR and “Facism” are a little bit overblown.

My wife bought me some flowers (I bought her some for the b’daxy two days ago) – and I liked that.

My wife was down at her parents house last night and today, so I organised to have some flowers delivered. My father in law opened the door this am to the delivery and then promptly had a gushing nose=bleed all over the flowers.

The biggest waste of money ever.

It took me a long time to realize that in relationships with a lady, making an occasional fuss creates its own reward. The reason, or whether some company cashes in on it is immaterial to me, the day allows me to demonstrate my undying affection and there is a strong return on that investment! It’s enlightened self interest (maybe that’s rational enough for you)

My wife the lovely farm girl thinks using the internet is a scary adventure, and Valentines day is an exciting thing, but she’s hinted that she sent me something today. I give it 10% chance of showing up but I’ll still get pleasure out of it – because she did.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Feb 17:50

Athene wrote:

You could always buy a living plant for the garden

This is what I do – very few flowers look better cut.

Someone I know had a lucky escape last year: for £20 extra the florists delivered a bouquet on the 15th with a card saying “due to high demand we’re sorry we didn’t deliver yesterday”

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I got this anonymous present in the mail today

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What’s the diameter??

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I just read aloud what I wrote about my wife six years ago, to my wife. We had been married less than a year then, and were on the opposite sides of the world. There’s been a lot of water under the bridge since and we’re still married… My farm girl is a whole lot more adept at the internet now, living thousands of miles from her family with me, and fully adapted to it.

I’ll buy her flowers

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Feb 03:45
Sign in to add your message